It was another less than stellar performance for Georgia on Saturday, and on Sunday the Bulldogs came in at No. 2 in the AP Poll. The Bulldogs were ranked No. 2 last week.
Georgia came away with a 38-12 win over the visiting Tennessee Volunteers. While the Bulldogs were never really in trouble, Tennessee did cut it to a 24-12 deficit in the fourth quarter. But the Bulldogs responded with a D’Andre Swift touchdown to put the game away. Both Jake Fromm and Justin Fields played in the game, with Fields providing a spark for the offense.
There are a total of 6 SEC teams ranked, with four of them being in the top 10. Alabama is still No. 1, LSU is No. 5 and Auburn is at No. 8. Kentucky, who picked up a 24-10 win over South Carolina on Saturday is No. 13. The Wildcats are the only other unbeaten SEC East team, as both Georgia and Kentucky are 5-0. The Bulldogs visit Kentucky on Nov. 3.
Florida also returns to the top 25, as the Gators are ranked No. 22 after 13-6 victory over Mississippi State.
Two top-10 teams lost on Saturday, as Penn State fell 27-26 at home to Ohio State. Stanford also lost 38-17 to Notre Dame. Ohio State is now No. 3, Clemson is No. 4 and Oklahoma is No. 5.
Georgia returns to action on Saturday when the Bulldogs host the Vanderbilt Commodores. The game is set for a 7:30 p.m. kick and the game can be seen on the SEC Network.
Below you can see the entire Top 25 for the week 6 AP Poll.
AP Poll Top 25 Week 6
1. Alabama (5-0)
2. Georgia (5-0)
3. Ohio State (5-0)
4. Clemson (5-0)
5. LSU (5-0)
6. Notre Dame (5-0)
7. Oklahoma (5-0)
8. Auburn (4-1)
9. West Virginia (4-0)
10. Washington (4-1)
11. Penn State (4-1)
12. UCF (4-0)
13. Kentucky (5-0)
14. Stanford (4-1)
15. Michigan (4-1)
16. Wisconsin (3-1)
17. Miami (4-1)
18. Oregon (4-1)
19. Texas (4-1)
20. Michigan State (3-1)
21. Colorado (4-0)
22. Florida (4-1)
23. N.C. State (4-0)
24. Virginia Tech (3-1)
25. Oklahoma State (4-1)
Best stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: Georgia TE Isaac Nauta gets kick out of his ‘weird’ touchdown
- Report Card: No. 2 Georgia may be best team in country not playing its best
- Is Georgia football meeting its standard?
- WATCH: Emotional Jeremy Pruitt ‘they know they were in a football game’
- WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm talks about swapping snaps with Justin Fields
- 3 quick takeaways: Kirby Smart has ‘no plan’ for Georgia QB rotation
- Game Ball: Heads-up play by Georgia tight end Isaac Nauta sets tone vs. Vols
- Instant Analysis: No. 2 Georgia Bulldogs prove 2 QBs better than one in win over Tennessee