The final week of the regular season is upon us and the Georgia Bulldogs are holding steady as the No. 4 team in the country. In the College Football Playoff rankings for Week 14, Georgia once again came in as the No. 4 ranked team, behind No. 1 Ohio State, No. 2 LSU and No. 3 Clemson. The Buckeyes jumped LSU.
The Bulldogs came away with a 19-13 victory over Texas A&M this past weekend, pushing their record to 10-1 on the season. Texas A&M has also played Alabama, Clemson and will visit LSU this week.
Georgia is once again the highest-ranked one-loss team, ahead of the likes of No. 5 Alabama and No. 6 Utah. The Bulldogs will also have a chance to lock themselves into the College Football Playoff when it takes on LSU on Dec. 7 in the SEC championship game.
Before that, the Bulldogs must take on a 3-8 Georgia Tech team this coming Saturday. And while Georgia has never won the SEC East and lost to Georgia Tech in the same season, Kirby Smart said his team is more focused on the Yellow Jackets.
“We have a mature team and we said the other day that most important step is the next step,” Smart said.
One game of note for Georgia to watch will be the game between No. 5 Alabama and No. 15 Auburn. Georgia may want Auburn to win that game, as it would boost Georgia’s resume and give Alabama a second loss, likely eliminating it from the College Football Playoff discussion. Other games to watch include No. 7 Oklahoma visiting No. 21 Oklahoma State and No. 6 Utah hosting Colorado.
Georgia is ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll and Coaches Poll as well. The Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets play at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday on ABC.
College Football Playoff Top 25 rankings for Week 14
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Notre Dame
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Iowa State
- Virginia Tech
- App State
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Dawgs in the NFL: Nick Chubb continues to lead Cleveland turnaround
- Noah Sewell: How Oregon wrestled the 5-star ILB away from UGA
- WATCH Kirby Smart: ‘Stomp on other people’s throats when you get them down’
- Georgia football, the New England Patriots and winning with a struggling offense
- Georgia football podcast: UGA has lots to celebrate, and some legitimate concerns
- ESPN announcer who declared ‘Georgia is done’ returns to call Tech game
- BREAKING: Class of 2021 Georgia commit Bralyn Oliver reopens his recruitment