Georgia football begins its quest to repeat as SEC champion on Sept. 1, 2018, against Austin Peay in Week One of the season. Georgia football game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has plenty of options against Austin Peay when it comes to one of fans’ favorite packages — the “Wildcat,” or perhaps in this case “WildDawg.”
Freshman Justin Fields is a gifted runner and some might be quick to suggest Smart insert him.
But as Georgia offensive coordinator Jim Chaney explained at the start of fall drills, with only two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, the Bulldogs need to be careful how much they ask Fromm or Fields to do with their feet.
Smart indicated as many as six different Georgia players could line up at quarterback in the short-yardage, red-zone style of offense.
“We’ve tried to mix it up,” Smart said. “[Elijah] Holyfield’s done it before, [Brian] Herrien did it last year on the scout team, D’andre [Swift] did it a bunch last year.
“Demetris Robertson has fooled around with it some. Terry [Godwin] hadn’t been out there. Mecole [Hardman} is still doing it, and then we’ve worked with James Cook some. There’s probably six guys that can play it. They all have a little different features. We’ve shared those loads.”
Georgia football-Austin Peay game time, details
• Time: The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday inside Sanford Stadium
• Date: Sept. 1, 2018
• Location: Sanford Stadium, Athens, Ga.
• Weather forecast: Mostly sunny with a high of 90 and a 20 percent chance of rain.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Austin Peay on TV
The Georgia-Austin Peay game will be televised on ESPN. Beth Mowins is on the play-by-play call, Anthony Becht is the color analyst, and Rocky Bolman is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-Austin Peay game
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com and WatchESPN
Where to find Georgia-Austin Peay on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Austin Peay
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 81 and XM channel 81.
Georgia-Austin Peay football game keys
• Georgia has three players on its roster who have already completed their undergraduate degrees: DL Jay Hayes, who transferred in from Notre Dame, punter Landon Stratton (Murray State) and OL Sean Fogarty. All three will wear an SEC graduate patch on their uniforms.
• Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has had a freshman start at quarterback in 26 of the 28 games he has coached for the Bulldogs.
• Austin Peay sophomore QB Jeremiah Oatsvall is the preseason OVC Offensive Player of the Year.
• Governors’ coach Will Healy is entering his third year leading the program, coming off an 8-4 season that saw him named FCS Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year and OVC Coach of the Year.
• Kirby Smart enters the 2018 season as one of only nine Power 5 coaches who is head coach at his alma mater. The others are Mark Richt (Miami), Paul Chyrst (Wisconsin), Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern), Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State), Jim Harbaugh (Michigan), Cliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech), Barry Odom (Missouri), David Shaw (Stanford).
• Georgia football coach Kirby Smart was a two-time All-SEC selection at safety for the Bulldogs, and a four-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll (1995-1998).
Georgia football Austin Peay game week stories