ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has a pretty good read on Florida coach Dan Mullen, the coaches having met last season when Mullen was still head coach at Mississippi State.
Smart and his No. 7-ranked Bulldogs face Mullen’s No. 9-ranked Gators on Saturday, and while Smart notices some things are the same between this Florida team and Mullen’s team at Mississippi State, he said some things aren’t.
“Some similarities, some differences, I think [Mississippi State] was a little bigger last year in some spots,” Smart said. “Florida is extremely athletic. They did a good job at Mississippi State last year, and he’s doing a good job this year at Florida. They’re aggressive, doing a good job of causing turnovers, got all kinds of fumble recoveries and all kinds of stipulates.
“So there’s some similarities between the two, and they’re not completely the same. I think anytime as a defensive coordinator you have things you believe in, and when you’ve been good at defensive coordinator in this conference, you do what you believe in, and he’s done some of the same things he’s done at Mississippi State.”
Georgia football-Florida details
• Time: The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Oct. 27, 2018
• Location: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Weather forecast: Partly cloudy with a high of 83 and a low of 69.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Florida on TV
The Georgia-LSU game will be televised on the CBS Network. Brad Nessler will handle the play-by-play call and Gary Danielson will provide analysis. Jamie Erdahl is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-Florida football
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-Florida on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Florida
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 121 and XM channel 192 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-Florida football game notes
• The team that rushes for the most yards has won the past 12 games
• Both teams are coming off a bye week. The teams are 3-3 in previous instances of such.
• Georgia leads the all-time series 51-43-2
• Georgia football beat Florida last season, 42-7