It appears that Zach Evans, one of the top running backs in the 2020 country and at one point a player that has been heavily recruited by Georgia, has found a new home.
According to 247Sports, and confirmed by multiple outlets, Evans is reportedly enrolled at TCU.
A number of schools made a run at trying to land Evans, including Georgia. Evans was set to initially announce his decision at the Under Armour All-American game, but that fell through. It was reported that Evans had signed a letter of intent with Georgia but that it had been pulled.
“I want to first apologize to all of my college coaches and apologize for the things they are hearing,” Evans said following the Under Armour All-American game. “I am really a good kid.”
Prior to the game, Evans teased that the school he had picked had a running bac won the previous year’s Super Bowl. That player was Sony Michel, who scored the only touchdown of Super Bowl LIII.
After not announcing his decision at the Under Armour All-American game, Evans took visits to Tennessee and Ole Miss and also had one set up with Florida. But the final visit did not happen due to the COVID-19 suspension of in-person visits. Evans also never took an official visit to Georgia.
Evans ranks as the No. 16 overall prospect in the country and the No. 2 running back in the class. Georgia brought in two running backs in the 2020 cycle, as it signed 4-star prospects Kendall Milton and Daijun Edwards. Milton was able to go through offseason workouts with the team, as he was an early enrollee.
The Bulldogs have already landed a running back commitment in the 2021 cycle, as it holds a commitment from 4-star running back Lovasea Carroll.
The Bulldogs, even without Evans, went on to sign the No. 1 recruiting class in the country during the 2020 cycle.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: Ranking the top 20 college football environments in the nation
- How Georgia football is getting creative in its recruitment of crucial 2021 prospects
- College football return update: NCAA president raises questions of uniformity
- Speedy Georgia WR signee posts picture of wrist in cast, summer status uncertain
- ESPN: Georgia offense No. 6 in ‘future offense power rankings’
- WATCH: Matthew Boling uses long jump abilities and Red Solo Cups to create epic video
- WATCH: Kirby Smart has hearty laugh at expense of technologically challenged Nick Saban
- Georgia football podcast: 3 UGA assistants that could be coaching stars on the rise