Georgia football heavy road favorite over Vanderbilt in Music City opener
ATHENS — Georgia football opened game week as a 19 1/2-point favorite over Vanderbilt, and the line had climbed to 21 points by Monday morning, per the VegasInsider.com composite.
The No. 3-ranked Bulldogs have questions to answer at receiver, while the Commodores have yet to name a starting quarterback.
RELATED: Vandy plans wake-up call for Georgia if Bulldogs sleeping
Vanderbilt is the biggest home underdog in the SEC this week, but recent history suggests it’s warranted.
Georgia beat the Commodores 41-13 last season in Athens and won the most recent meeting in Nashville, 45-14, in 2017.
RELATED: Vandy coach says Kirby Smart ‘like a brother’ to him
Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason does own a win over Kirby Smart, however, scoring a 17-16 upset between the hedges in Smart’s first year as head coach.
SEC football opening lines, Week One
(home team in bold, neutral site game in italics)
Kentucky – 13 1/2 over Toledo
Mississippi State -22 1/2 over La-Lafayette, in New Orleans
Memphis – 6 1/2 over Ole Miss
Tennessee -25 1/2 over Georgia State
South Carolina -7 1/2 over North Carolina, in Charlotte
Alabama – 30 1/2 over Duke, in Atlanta
LSU -25 1/2 over Georgia Southern
Missouri -14 over Wyoming
Auburn -6 1/2 over Oregon, in Arlington, Texas
Texas A&M -34 1/2 over Texas State
Arkansas No Line Portland State
- Kirby Smart finds 2023 Georgia football motivation on New Zealand rugby pitch
- Amarius Mims to ‘get way better’ as he moves into full-time starting spot on Georgia offensive line
- Georgia guard Tate Ratledge explains how deep, talented line has grown closer
- Salary information, titles revealed for new Georgia coaches Brandon Streeter, Darrell Dickey
- Daniel Jeremiah NFL mock draft sends offensive tackle Broderick Jones to a ‘dream scenario’