What’s at stake for 4 Georgia players competing in Senior Bowl today
MOBILE, Ala. — Kenny McIntosh will come out of the same tunnel at Hancock Whitney Stadium that he went back into with 30 minutes left in the first Senior Bowl practice earier this week.
“Guess that does it for him,” one onlooker said, presuming that even if McIntosh checked out OK, he would pull out of the all-star game after such a close call.
McIntosh is one of just three SEC players since 2000 with 800 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns -- and yet, he wants to wear the “G” helmet one more time today.
“I feel like I have more to prove,” McIntosh said. “I want to show teams all I can do, blessed to have this opportunity.”
Smith, an All-American and likely future College Football Hall of Famer, has been working at cornerback as well as safety this week.
NFL scouting types have surely noticed Smith’s nose for the football on tape and even this week, as he has had multiple pass break-ups in Senior Bowl practices and was beaten just once in one-on-one drills.
RELATED: Georgia captain Chris Smith is all over the field at the Senior Bowl
Podlesny elected to come out for the draft on his schedule — not the NFL’s — as this is a deep draft for kickers. Podlesny recently finished his Master’s degree and felt it the right time for him to move on from Georgia.
McClendon will wear the No. 77 to honor fallen teammate Devin Willock, one of two Georgia program members killed in a well-documented Jan. 15 crash in Athens.
RELATED: Warren McClendon moving forward with his career after tragic car wreck
- Georgia football QB Derby: Jake Fromm breaks down 3 candidates, ‘different packages’
- NFL veteran coach explains why Jalen Carter’s off-field issues won’t affect his NFL Draft stock
- Georgia spring football: 4 early takeaways from Kirby Smart’s reloading championship program
- Georgia DC Glenn Schumann scores enormous raise, Mike Bobo cashing in with $1 million plus Auburn buyout
- 2023 Georgia football identity emerging: ‘It’s an honor for us to wear this G’