Nigel Warrior named UGA as one of four schools that have recently improved their chances of signing him after Peachtree Ridge High School’s 31-0 win over Norcross on Friday night.
“Hometown,” Warrior said about UGA. “You can’t go wrong with that representing where you are coming from. Great coaches of course. They just don’t talk about football, but sometimes they are talking about life.”
The other three schools he said were trending upward were LSU, Ohio State and Tennessee. Warrior is a 4-star safety and one of the state’s top uncommitted prospects. He is the son of former Tennessee great Dale Carter, and the Volunteers are considered a school to beat.
He also named his list of six schools — UGA, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ohio State and Tennessee.
On Friday, Warrior also discussed the following topics with DawgNation in the video interview above:
- What did he think of the big Peachtree Ridge victory on Friday night?
- What three things will lead him to his final decision?
- How big of an honor was it to receive his All-American jersey?
- Where’s his next official visit?
- What does UGA need to do to become his top school?
Jeff Sentell covers UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges.