That was the word Kirby Smart used to describe his emotions on Saturday when he looked up and realized the UGA fan base had met his challenge of packing out Sanford Stadium.
The UGA faithful did him one better by filling all the crevices, walkways and towers to the extent that the public address announcer asked patrons to slide to the middle of their rows to create some room to squeeze even more fans into the stands. That made the place feel like a down-home Sunday church service in the Deep South.
— Jeff Sentell (@jeffsentell) April 16, 2016
What else did Smart say in his first post-game press conference at Sanford Stadium? Check out the video above for answers to the following:
- How will this showing boost the program in recruiting?
- What did he think of Jacob Eason?
- How much does he have to improve?
- What did he think of the defense?
- What are his thoughts on the kicking game?
More on G-Day from DawgNation:
- Photos: 93K fill Sanford Stadium for G-Day game
- Coaches are much more optimistic about the kicking game
- G-Day marked the first victory for Kirby Smart
- One NFL star says Smart is taking the program to a ‘new level’
- Jacob Eason impressively surpassed his hype
- The biggest highlight of the G-Day game wasn’t on the field
- Black beats Red, but there were other winners on Saturday
- Eason was rousing in his debut
- A look back at G-Day’s biggest plays
G-Day, Georgia’s annual spring football scrimmage, is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 16, at Sanford Stadium. Check back here daily for DawgNation’s G-Day coverage brought to you by Georgia United Credit Union.
Jeff Sentell covers UGA football and UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.