David Letterman was the man. He pretty much still is.
There are two jobs that pretty much qualify as a dream gig (yes beyond sportswriter) in my book: That’s late-night talk show host and NFL owner. So in the spirit of ol’ Dave, I wanted to spice up the weekly Facebook chat on DawgNation’s Facebook page with a little variety.
We chatted up the big stories of the day and the latest updates on Nick Chubb, Jacob Eason and what the offense and defensive line depth will be like early in 2016, but I also added a Top 10 list in the spirit of Late Night with David Letterman.
The weekly trivia question was tossed out and answered quickly in the first five minutes of the live chat as per the norm, but we also got in our first-ever DawgNation Top 10 list. Not a list of recruits per se, but one of those Letterman Top 10s.
It might have made you laugh. If not, there’s always this writing about football thing I’ve got going……
We’ll start with No. 10 and then count down to five. If you want to hear the rest, then check out the second video. We had two videos this week due to an unfortunate iPad app crash. Long story. Boring story.
Top 10 reasons why UGA fans are so ready for football season to start
- You’ve watched the 2015 season highlights so much that after three late-night viewings of that South Carolina game it occurs to you there is little need to fuss over this freshman quarterback. You’re Team Lambert all the way.
- Your husband is so desperate to go to Athens he just makes the trip on a Friday afternoon. He gets a ticket from Parking Services and doesn’t care. It just feels like Athens already.
- The Larry Munson YouTube clips are on your Smart TV more than Netflix.
- The Georgia-Auburn game was on the SEC Network the other day. You watched it all the way through and actually remember all the big plays. Both of them.
- You somehow missed the fact Georgia has the nation’s No. 2 ranked recruiting class.
- You find yourself wondering just what exactly Richard Tardits is up to. So you Google him.
What else did we discuss on this week’s live chat? Here’s a smattering:
- The quarterbacks question
- The Nick Chubb question
- Who will be the next to commit?
- Why the depth chart comparison between Clemson and Georgia are basically a wash in the Trevor Lawrence decision?
- How many silent commits are there right now?
- Which running back prospect might commit next? Cam Akers or D’Andre Swift?
- What happens if both Akers and Swift commit?
- What’s the deal with defensive tackle recruiting for 2017?
- Which 2017 commitment would be the most likely flip or de-commit?
The DawgNation live chat archives are growing. Check out the recap posts from Sentell’s recent live UGA chats:
Jeff Sentell covers UGA football and UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.