BREAKING: Bulldogs flip talented OL Joshua Miller from Penn State to their 2023 class
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star IOL Joshua Miller. He ranks as the nation’s No. 43 IOL and the No. 564 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. ===================================================
“Doogie” is now a ‘Dawg.
That’s the quick route to share the word the Virginia IOL prospect Joshua Miller has flipped his commitment for the 2023 cycle from Penn State to Georgia.
The rising senior at Life Christian Academy got that “Doogie” nickname from his father. N’Grade Miller. Miller tragically passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2019.
His father gave him that nickname.
“He just started calling me that randomly before he got sick,” Miller said. “So it stuck with me.”
When he plays, he will pray before the game. He will have his father’s words and his inspiration on his mind.
That’s the ritual at the 50-yard line. Before he passed on, his father made sure he had a plan to succeed in life.
“He just wanted me to know everything was going to be okay regardless of how the situation ended up and to stay on my grind and do what’s going to make me happy,” Miller said.
His father liked to cook.
“My favorite memories are any time my Dad would cook on the grill or smoker and I’d be by his side helping him in any way needed,” Miller told DawgNation.
The 3-star OL can be seen as a hybrid OL. Some scouts look at him at guard and at tackle. He’s currently lining up at 6 feet, 5-plus inches and 310 pounds.
" A lot of schools have said tackle,” he said. “Others have said guard so it is up in the air honestly .”
This happened quickly.
What is Georgia now going to get in Miller?
I’d describe my play as mean and gritty,” Miller said. “I want to take the head off of the person in front of me and show [his father] that I live up to what I’m supposed to.”
When fans watch his tape, they will see a physical player. That’s what new line coach Stacy Searels wants to see from his first recruiting class in Athens.
“I would hope they see my passion behind the game and how much I care about the guys around me,” he told DawgNation.
He’s motivated to excel at the next two levels.
“My dream is to put my family in a better place and raise my family in a better situation than what I was raised in,” he said.
Miller had been committed to the Nittany Lions since last December.
Check out his junior film below.
Did you know the weekly DawgNation.com “Before the Hedges” program is available as an Apple podcast? Click to check it out and download it.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Joenel Aguero: 5-star safety shared where his head was at prior to a BIG Georgia official visit
- Georgia football recruiting: Setting the stage on another big weekend of OVs with Joenel Aguero, Jamaal Jarrett, Troy Bowles and Tyler Wiliams
- CJ Allen: Elite LB target breaks down his “perfect” Georgia official visit
- Georgia football: Bulldogs will be out in the community this weekend for a “Camp with the Champs”
- Priority 5-star target Qua Russaw and James Smith set up their first official visit to UGA
- TJ Shanahan Jr: Elite OL prospect breaks down key UGA official visit
- Justice Haynes: ‘Dawgs compare legacy RB to an “RBU” great on a “one for the books” visit
- Georgia football recruiting: 23 quick-hit things to know from the first huge 2023 recruiting weekend
- Justice Haynes: Legacy All-American RB sets the stage for a busy month of June officials
- Georgia football recruiting: Biggest recruiting weekend of the 2023 cycle so far in Athens
- 5-star Class of 2024 safety Peyton Woodyard already feels he “would fit right in” at Georgia
- Elite LB Raylen Wilson will take a big official to UGA this weekend
- LOOK: White Georgia helmet and uniform variant worn by 2024 DB commit on recruiting visit
- 12 reasons why the Georgia football team has already gotten better this week
- Malik Benson: Nation’s No. 1 JUCO prospect shares why Georgia is on his mind
- Jayden Wayne: Father of 5-star EDGE shares insider’s view of big OV to UGA
- Electric “freak” LB Qua Russaw explains how Georgia has been recruiting him the right way so far
- Arch Manning: The quest to not only be the best but to be the best Manning
- Georgia’s 2022 class gets a late boost with the reclassification of 2023 commit Marcus Washington Jr.
- 3-star New Orleans OT Tyree Adams feels “blessed” to be recruited by UGA, plans an official visit
- WATCH: 5-star QB Arch Manning in action at spring practice
- PHOTOS: Check out Arch Manning at spring practice at Isidore Newman
- Arch Manning: The 30-something things learned from watching the nation’s No. 1 prospect practice
- James Smith: The nation’s No. 2 DL talks up Georgia, Alabama among his top 11
- Caleb Downs: “Special” 5-star safety is the top prospect in Georgia this cycle