Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry charts everyone who are confirmed to be visiting UGA for the South Carolina game on Saturday night.
Georgia’s new Director of Recruiting Relations had a tweet this week that pointed to the roll call of big names in town for the SEC opener against South Carolina.
David Cooper used a cartoon image.
The news, believed to be reported first by On3Sports.com, goes to show the power of the Manning name. When it comes to football in the South, it is a royal family. Manning’s appearance at the South Carolina game this weekend is enough to take an already robust guest list to another level.
Alabama at Florida is the marquee recruiting stop for prospects in the South this week. Perhaps even the country.
But the fact that the Bulldogs can attract this much star power on their own says a lot about how the Bulldogs are trending.
The recruits on the trail have the following phrases to describe the Bulldogs: Elite. Dominant. Hungry.
Georgia has been a top 5 program and played at an elite level going back to the 2017 season, but there is something different at work here. The defense is still a statistical marvel, but it is now suffocating.
Dan Lanning’s side of the ball now brings a destructive battle plan to the table.
The 6-foot-4 Manning, son of Cooper and nephew to Eli and Peyton, rates as the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Don’t immediately discount the ‘Dawgs in this one. He checked out all the big-boy schools with stacked 2021 and 2022 QB signees or commitments this summer. There’s not an immediate opening lane to a starting job at UGA with 5-star Brock Vandagriff and 5-star Gunner Stockton (Rivals.com) in the pipeline.
But the same can be said about the Alabamas and the Clemsons of the world, too.
Manning already had an eventful trip to check out UGA with a handful of select schools this summer. To be blunt, there are dudes everywhere at all those places, too.
Those were his first big recruiting visits. It is believed that Saturday will be the first gameday visit of his time since he has been a recruit.
The many trips he has taken to Ole Miss before he emerged as a national prospect need to be mentioned here, but it is not the same thing as the recruiting visit he will take this weekend as a junior in the class of 2023.
The COVID-19 pandemic does serve as a bridge between when he was years away from his process during the 2019 season and the real important chapters of his recruiting process that will take place this fall.
Alabama. Clemson. Georgia. Ole Miss. Texas. Those seem to be the schools in it at this time for Manning.
Did you know the weekly DawgNation.com “Before the Hedges” program is available as an Apple podcast? Click to check it out and download it.
UPDATED: Expected visitors for Georgia/South Carolina
The Manning name certainly provides a headliner for the headline. How ‘bout the list of confirmed visitors so far?
South Carolina visitor’s list
(All rankings from the 247Sports Composite)
- 5-star ATH Malaki Starks/Jefferson, Ga./No. 21 overall - UGA COMMIT
- 4-star EDGE/OLB Enai White/Philadelphia, Pa./No. 3 EDGE /No. 34 overall
- 4-star LB Jalon Walker/Salisbury, NC/No. 4 LB/No. 43 overall - UGA COMMIT
- 4-star QB Gunner Stockton/Tiger, Ga./ No. 5 QB/No. 44 overall -- UGA COMMIT
- 4-star OG Earnest Green/Bellflower, Calif./No. 2 IOL/ No. 61 overall (OFFICIAL VISIT)
- 4-star DT Tyre West/Tifton, Ga./No. 12 DL/No. 80 overall -- UGA COMMIT
- 4-star OT Elijah Pritchett/Columbus, Ga./No. 10 OT/No. 94 overall (OFFICIAL VISIT)
- 4-star TE Oscar Delp/Cumming, Ga./No. 3 TE/No. 97 overall
- 4-star CB Marquis Groves-Killebrew/Kennesaw, Ga./No. 14 CB and No. 109 overall - UGA commit
- 4-star DT Christen Miller/Ellenwood, Ga/No. 19 DL/No. 111 overall
Georgia commitments also expect to attend:
- 4-star LB CJ Washington/Cedartown, Ga./Nation’s No. 15 LB and No. 131 overall
- 4-star WR De’Nylon Morrissette/Kennesaw, Ga./Nation’s No. 31 WR/No. 214 overall
- 3-star WR Dillon Bell/Houston, Tex./Nation’s No. 74 WR/No. 567 overall (OFFICIAL VISIT)
- 3-star EDGE Carlton Madden Jr./Ellenwood, Ga./No. 36 EDGE and No. 781 overall
- 3-star IOL Griffin Scroggs/Loganville, Ga./Nation’s No. 54 IOL prospect
There are also numerous other 2022 and 2023 prospects expected to attend that are either not committed to UGA at this time or are outside of the nation’s top 125 overall recruits.
Georgia legacy OL Drew Bobo certainly fits that ball. The 3-star OT has been offered to play the interior offensive line at UGA. He’s got a final group that includes the likes of Auburn, Georgia and Kentucky.
Bobo will be attending with his Auburn High teammate Bradyn Joiner. Joiner is a highly-regarded Class of 2023 offensive line prospect who also visited UGA a couple of times over the summer.
Class of 2023
- 5-star QB Arch Manning/New Orleans, Lou./No. 1 QB and No. 1 overall
- 5-star CB Tony Mitchell/Alabaster, Ala./No. 2 CB and No. 11 overall
- 5-star RB Rueben Owens II/El Campo, Tex./No. 2 RB and No. 31 overall
- 4-star RB Justice Haynes/Roswell, Ga./No. 4 RB and No. 55 overall
- 4-star CB Marcus Washingtoton, Jr./Grovetown, Ga./No. 6 CB and No. 60 overall - UGA COMMIT
- 4-star DL Zavin Hardy/Macon, Ga./No. 15 DL and No. 68 overall
- 4-star OT Bo Hughley/Fairburn, Ga./No. 6 OT and No. 72 overall
- 4-star TE Pearce Spurlin III/Santa Rosa Beach, Fla./No. 4 TE and No. 73 overall - UGA COMMIT
- 4-star S Terrance Love/Fairburn, Ga./No. 8 S and No. 108 overall
- 4-star ATH Michael Daugherty/Loganville, Ga./No. 12 ATH and No. 120 overall
- 4-star CB Kayin Lee/Ellenwood, Ga./No. 14 CB and No. 121 overall
Class of 2024
- 4-star QB Jadyn Davis/Catawba Ridge/Fort Mill, SC/ No. 1 QB and No. 1 overall (247Sports rating)
- 4-star DL Hevin Brown-Shuler/Atlanta, Ga./No. 4 DL and No. 27 overall (247Sports rating)
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with Georgia football names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.
Keep in mind that this will grow over the next few days. We will update it accordingly. These visits are all expected and are subject to change over the next few days.
We’d also look to see at least 1-2 more surprise names show up for the game on Saturday night.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)