Breaking: Electric Class of 2024 WR Ny Carr has made his college decision
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star South Georgia WR Ny Carr. He ranks as the nation’s No. 10 WR and the No. 66 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Georgia had a commitment in its 2024 class on the first day of July. The Bulldogs lost it when 4-star South Florida DB Antione Jackson flipped to Miami.
Flash forward four days and the Bulldogs now have another commitment for the 2024 cycle.
It is a big one at that in 4-star South Georgia WR Ny Carr. Carr plays for Colquitt County in South Georgia.
Carr ranks as the nation’s No. 10 WR and the No. 66 overall prospect for the 2024 cycle on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
The On3 Consensus rates Carr even higher than that. He’s listed as the nation’s No. 5 WR and the No. 19 overall prospect for 2024. Rivals.com ranks him as the nation’s No. 6 WR and the No. 34 overall prospect for his class.
To sum it all up, this is the type of playmaker that Georgia has been looking for in the last couple of cycles to stock its wide receiver room with the nation’s elite prospects at that position.
The news offsets a string of early July news on the recruiting front for the ‘Dawgs. Since picking up a commitment from elite South Florida cornerback Daniel Harris on the first of the month, the Bulldogs have seen a pair of decommitments and seen top 2023 targets Malik Benson (Alabama), Sydir Mitchell Jr. (Texas) and Da’Shawn Womack (LSU) opt for other schools.
This wasn’t a surprise as a lot of his social media messages over the last few years have been pro-UGA.
He posted more about UGA than any other school and often referred to Georgia as “home” on his posts.
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with UGA names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: Which true freshman are you most excited to see this fall?
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: Has Georgia now all but caught up to Alabama?
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: Which three teams should Georgia now play every year?
- Antione Jackson: 4-star DB flips his commitment from Georgia to Miami
- BREAKING: Impressive 3-star IOL Ryqueze McElderry steps back from his Georgia commitment
- Priority WR target Tyler Williams places UGA in his final five, sets commitment date
- BREAKING: Elite South Florida CB prospect Daniel Harris commits to the G
- Georgia football recruiting: ‘Dawgs enter July with a crucial month of decisions looming
- Peyton Woodring: How UGA beat out ‘Bama for the prized 2023 kicker commit
- Raylen Wilson: Priority Georgia LB target decommits from Michigan
- Bo Hughley: The elite OT commit shares why he still wants to be a ‘Dawg
- Tyler Willams: The journey from third-string QB to All-American WR to major UGA target in a year
- Julian Sayin: Could the dynamic 2024 QB be the next 5-star up for Georgia football?
- Hykeem Williams: Electric 2023 WR feels the “love” as a priority target for the ‘Dawgs
- BREAKING: Peach State priority CJ Allen commits to play LB at UGA
- New 5-star cornerback AJ Harris wants to play with CJ Allen, Joenel Aguero, Caleb Downs, Arch Manning and Justice Haynes
- AJ Harris: The new 5-star commit told Kirby Smart he was going to play for him in the sixth grade
- Georgia football: A trio of 5-star recruits highlights another loaded weekend of official visitors
- Texas speedster Anthony Evans III shares how UGA countered negative perceptions on his OV
- AJ Harris: Check out the rave review the new Bulldog commit got from an NFL first-round CB
- BREAKING: 5-star AJ Harris commits to UGA
- How much will NIL opportunities sway the decisions of some of Georgia’s top 2023 targets?
- Talented DL prospect Jamaal Jarrett breaks down a key Georgia official visit
- Joshua Miller: Bulldogs flip talented OL from Penn State to their 2023 class
- Joenel Aguero: 5-star safety shared where his head was at prior to a BIG Georgia official visit
- TJ Shanahan Jr: Elite OL prospect breaks down key UGA official visit
- Justice Haynes: ‘Dawgs compare legacy RB to an “RBU” great on a “one for the books” visit
- Electric “freak” LB Qua Russaw explains how Georgia has been recruiting him the right way so far