BREAKING: Elite 2025 DL Justus ‘Jay’ Terry commits to Georgia football
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star DL Justus “Jay” Terry. He ranks as the nation’s No. 4 DL and the No. 35 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Justus “Jay” Terry was in Athens over the weekend for the national championship celebration.
He had seen enough. The 4-star DL from Manchester High School in Georgia felt primed to make his college decision.
“I committed because I felt deep down inside that I wanted to take my talent to UGA,” Justus Terry said. “When I was there this weekend it felt like home and they welcomed me with open arms and it was nothing but love and good times.”
The 6-foot-5, 270-pounder ranks as the nation’s No. 35 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. He just felt ready.
Terry had 38 tackles and four sacks in 2022 for Manchester High School. He also caught three passes for 100 yards and a touchdown.
That’s not too shabby for a future DL for Tray Scott in Athens.
This decision also vaults UGA over Alabama and Colorado to claim the nation’s No. 1 ranked recruiting class on the 247Sports Team Composite rankings for the 2025 cycle.
That means the ‘Dawgs now have the nation’s No. 1 class in both 2024 and 2025 and they are also the reigning two-time defending national champion in college football. That’s quite a trifecta for one program to be holding the top spot in all three of those phases at the same time.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- What we’re hearing on the national championship celebration recruiting weekend in Athens
- Remembering Devin Willock: Remember the life of a gone-far-too-soon championship Bulldog
- PHOTOS: Georgia football welcomes 5-stars and elite recruits to the national title celebration
- Ellis Robinson IV: Why the ‘Dawgs remain on top for the nation’s No. 1 cornerback prospect
- Colin Simmons: The nation’s No. 1 EDGE for 2024 previews his first UGA visit this weekend
- WATCH: Bill Goldberg steps in to congratulate Peyton Woodyard on committing to the G
- All-time great DGD Nolan Smith shares why the second championship means more for him
- The recruiting tale of the tape for the national championship skews heavily for Georgia
- Jordan “Big Baby” Hall: The story behind his viral “Money Drop” moment at the All-American Bowl
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: How many more national championship weeks like this one are coming?
- BREAKING: Nation’s No. 2 junior safety Peyton Woodyard had made his college decision
- The never-before-seen way (in Athens) the ‘Dawgs can sign ANOTHER All-American TE this year
- Peyton Woodyard: Decision day is here for the nation’s No. 2 junior safety (Preview)
- How in the world did the ‘Dawgs get in such a good position with 5-star TE Duce Robinson?
- Georgia recruiting: Even at less than half-strength, the ‘Dawgs stand tall at the All-American Bowl
- Jordan “Big Baby” Hall: The 2023 DL signee is tearing it up at the All-American Bowl this week
- Duce Robinson: What’s next for the 5-star target after the Under Armour All-American Game?
- Georgia football recruiting: What we learned about the six future ‘Dawgs at the Under Armour All-American Week
- BREAKING: Priority DL target Jordan “Big Baby” Hall is now a Bulldog
- BREAKING: 5-star EDGE Damon Wilson is a ‘Dawg
- AJ Harris: What DawgNation needs to know about its new 5-star signee
- Signing Day preview: The 12 Days of Christmas for the Georgia football recruiting class
- Roderick Robinson II: The stuff you don’t know about the next great RB at UGA is pretty special