Cover 4 on Georgia football: Which SEC East rival poses the biggest threat?
DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement to support the informed opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition, we discuss the biggest potential pitfalls to Georgia in the SEC East.
DawgNation continues with the “Cover 4” concept. The focus is always a timely “Cover 4” look with each of our guys manning the secondary on a pertinent topic.
The quick in-and-out game remains. These takes are designed to come out quicker than former Bulldog Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens this year.
The latest “Cover 4” question is:
Which team is the biggest threat to Georgia in the SEC East?
Brandon Adams: No one
The “why” from “DawgNation Daily” here: “The SEC East wasn’t expected to be great, but it’s even worse than we imagined. Florida isn’t a serious contender and virtually everyone else has major flaws. UGA will be challenged, but not by anyone in its division.”
Mike Griffith: Missouri
The “why” from “On the Beat” here: “It’s a trap game on the schedule, and Kelly Bryant’s mobility makes him a threat for the Tigers.“
Connor Riley: Themselves
The “why” from “Good Day UGA” here: “Florida struggled with a bad Miami team. Missouri lost to Wyoming. Tennessee is Tennessee. Georgia is far and away better than everyone else in the division. If Georgia is to lose to an SEC East team, it will largely be by Georgia’s own doing.“
Jeff Sentell: Florida
The Intel here: “The Gators get a lot of grief around these parts but this history of Georgia football says otherwise. A lot of the folks I came up listening to said no one knows what type of team the Bulldogs have until they come out of Duval County. False fronts get revealed. Stout teams get that blue check. That’s still the litmus to me.“
The 2019 season “Cover 4” topics so far:
- What is the toughest game left on the schedule?
- What is the biggest edge that Georgia will have on Notre Dame?
- Who has already opened our eyes after just two games?
- What is your take on the legendary Vince Dooley?
- Who has the biggest day against Murray State?
- The most improved Bulldog since last season is ….
- A few big non-score predictions for Georgia-Vanderbilt
- Which returning Bulldogs impressed the most in fall camp?
- The players set to become the new fan favorites for 2019 are ….
- What will convince you the Bulldogs are throwing the ball more this fall?
- What kind of numbers will D’Andre Swift put up in 2019?
- Jake Fromm’s best quality? The Cover 4 crew chops that one up