BULLDOGS IN THE NFL
ATHENS — It’s Todd Gurley’s world, and everybody else is just living in it.
The NFL world, that is. The former Georgia running back continued his assault on the Los Angeles Rams’ record book in a 29-27 win over the Green Bay Packers this past Sunday.
Gurley had 25 carries for 114 yards along with six catches for 81 yards and a touchdown as the Rams remained undefeated at 8-0. Gurley leads the NFL in carries (169), rushing yards (800), rushing touchdowns (11), total touchdowns (15), scoring (96 points) and yards per game (100).
A.J. Green also posted a standout performance in Week 8. A first-round pick in 2010, Green hauled in five passes for 76 yards and a touchdown for Cincinnati. Green joined Pro Football Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison and current Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald as the only players in NFL history with at least 600 receptions and 60 receiving touchdowns in their first 110 career games. Green is fourth in the league with 6 receiving touchdowns and eighth with 687 receiving yards.
Green injured a toe late in that game and was in a walking boot afterward. His status this week is unknown.
Week 8 also saw receiver Javon Wims get back in action with the Chicago Bears, and Nick Chubb get a lot of action for the Cleveland Browns, who subsequently turned around and fired their coach after another loss. Sony Michel did not get any action, as he sat out the New England Patriots’ Monday night game with that scary knee injury that turned out to not be too serious.
Here’s an update on all the Dawgs in the NFL in Week 8:
Rams 29, Packers 27
- Ramik Wilson: Wilson had two tackles, a forced fumble and fumble recovery on a kickoff to help seal the victory for the Rams.
Bears 24, Jets 10
- Leonard Floyd: Floyd had two tackles for Chicago.
- Roquan Smith: Smith finished with five tackles for the Bears.
- Javon Wims: Wims entered the game as a Chicago substitute but did not have any stats.
- Jordan Jenkins: Jenkins totaled two tackles for the Jets.
Bengals 37, Buccaneers 34
- Geno Atkins: Atkins had one tackle for the Bengals. Atkins stands 13th in the NFL with six sacks.
- Clint Boling and Cordy Glenn: Boling started at left guard and Glenn at left tackle for the Bengals, who accumulated 402 total yards of offense.
- Shawn Williams: Williams had seven tackles and an interception for the Bengals. Williams is second in the NFL with three interceptions.
Eagles 24, Jaguars 18
- Abry Jones: Jones recorded three tackles for the Jaguars.
Seahawks 28, Lions 14
- Matthew Stafford: Stafford was 27-for-40 for 310 yards and a touchdown for the Lions. Stafford is 12th in the NFL with 14 passing touchdowns and 18th with 1,912 passing yards.
Chiefs 30, Broncos 23
- Chris Conley: Conley entered as a Kansas City sub and did not post any stats.
- Justin Houston: The Chiefs made Houston inactive due to a hamstring injury.
- Isaiah McKenzie: McKenzie returned from the Broncos’ practice squad to field two punts for 13 yards.
Texans 42, Dolphins 23
- Reshad Jones: Jones had five tackles for the Dolphins. Jones stands 16th in the NFL with two interceptions.
- Maurice Smith: Smith entered the game as a Miami substitute but did not record any stats.
Steelers 33, Browns 18
- Nick Chubb: Chubb rushed 18 times for 65 yards and had two catches for 10 yards for the Browns. Chubb stands 16th in the NFL with three rushing touchdowns.
- Orson Charles: Charles entered as a Cleveland sub and did not have any stats.
Redskins 20, Giants 13
- Lorenzo Carter: Carter had three tackles and a quarterback hit for the Giants.
- John Jenkins: Jenkins entered as a New York sub and did not have any stats.
- Alec Ogletree: Ogletree was inactive for the Giants due to a hamstring injury.
Panthers 36, Ravens 21
- Thomas Davis: Davis had five tackles and defended one pass for Carolina.
Colts 42, Raiders 28
- Corey Moore: Moore had two tackles for the Colts.
Saints 30, Vikings 20
- Ben Watson: Watson entered as a New Orleans sub and did not have any stats.
Patriots 25, Bills 6
- David Andrews: Andrews started at center for the Patriots, who rolled up 387 total yards.
- Sony Michel: Michel did not play for New England due to a knee injury. Michel is 10th in the NFL with four touchdowns and 16th with 422 rushing yards.
- Ben Jones (Titans)
- John Atkins (Lions)
- Davin Bellamy (Texans)
- Garrison Smith (Dolphins)
- Tyler Catalina (Redskins)
- Isaiah Wynn (Patriots)