With no in-person recruiting and spring practice still a few weeks away, Kirby Smart has some downtime.
So the Georgia coach took some time to call some Georgia greats. Like Nick Chubb, Richard LeCounte, Jordan Davis and David Pollack.
Then the coach quickly ended the calls with said greats much to the surprise of those who were called.
It got a pretty big laugh out of the head coach once the joke came to an end.
— Coach Kirby Smart (@KirbySmartUGA) February 25, 2021
It’s nice to see the lighter side of Smart’s personality as well as getting a laugh out of a few current and former Georgia Bulldogs.
Georgia is not set to start spring practice until March 16. The Bulldogs will get 15 spring practices, with the final one being Georgia’s G-Day scrimmage. That is set for April 17.
The Smart video got a few laughs on social media as well.
This is what happens when you don’t let a recruiter go out and visit recruits. 😂 https://t.co/eCAnIJZYvs
— Ax… (@AXactlyAx) February 25, 2021
I love this. 😂😂😂😂😂 https://t.co/8TfZ3BkhlQ
— Chandler Cain (@chandlercain88) February 25, 2021
— 🚫🔑LEE Ring0️⃣ (@HBTFD1) February 25, 2021
Quarantine Day No. 14,664. https://t.co/D9HUrWW5zJ
— Thomas Goldkamp (@ThomasGoldkamp) February 25, 2021
That’s my coach 😂😂😂 https://t.co/ZUQtYCmL0E
— Katie Turner (@katieturner0087) February 25, 2021
The NCAA’s dead period is set to run through May 31. Hopefully Smart and the Georgia staff will be able to start recruiting again in-person again. You can tell that even Smart is tired of calling recruits through Zoom at this point.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Evaulating year 1 of Scott Cochran at UGA and what his impact will be going forward
- Georgia football: The 5 early storylines that will shape the 2022 recruiting class
- Georgia football podcast: UGA fans should notice Oklahoma as emerging national rival
- Fresh shade of orange: Clemson’s Dabo Swinney opens up on 2021 Tigers
- Georgia basketball dominates LSU, Sahvir Wheeler makes school history
- Georgia football podcast: UGA can put pressure on CFP committee with a win vs. Clemson
- Georgia football needs its biggest strength to outplay Clemson’s biggest question in Week 1
- WATCH Mel Tucker: How championship teams get over the hump
- Dreshun Miller committing to Auburn is why Kirby Smart chuckles at transfer portal fascination
- Former Bulldog Isaiah Wilson tweets, then deletes ‘Im done with football as a Titan’