WATCH: Voice of late Larry Munson narrates UGA championship play
If you love the legendary UGA play-by-play announcer Larry Munson, then you’re going to love the video below.
It matches up Munson’s voice (from old UGA games) to the signature play from Monday’s national championship game – Kelee Ringo’s “Pick Six” to seal the Georgia win over Alabama in the game’s final minutes.
Munson has been gone for 10 years, but he still has a large and looming presence in DawgNation. Many UGA fans wondered aloud this week how Munson would’ve called the magical moment.
How much is Munson still beloved? Even Bulldogs coach Kirby Smart referenced one of Munson’s famous lines immediately after the game, telling reporters “There’s gonna be some property torn up in Indianapolis tonight.”
Check out the video below.
Update: The video was posted by Randy Young, who wrote this out on DawgNation’s Facebook page: “Glad y’all like it! I teach video production down at Thomas County Central High School in Thomasville, and took some time through the day today to put it together. A conglomeration of clips from several different games with the audio from the fan videos taken in the stands at the national championship game. Just happened to fit together nicely!
“I’ve been doing the radio for Central football here since 1986, and had the privilege of knowing Larry. One of a kind, irreplaceable. I think we all wondered how he would’ve called that play...and now maybe we at least have some idea. Felt like a tribute to him would at least let him have a part in the excitement we are all feeling. He deserves it!”
- Georgia football hires 2 analysts, including former Clemson offensive coordinator
- Sedrick Van Pran shares his advice to Georgia football quarterback hopefuls
- Javon Bullard looks to build off strong finish to 2022 season: ‘I have big goals and big plans’
- New contract should leave little doubt about importance of Glenn Schumann to Georgia football
- Sedrick Van Pran simply sums up why he returned to Georgia football