ATHENS — Thomas Davis is back at Sanford Stadium, just in time to see his former team wear the black jerseys he performed so well in all those years ago.
The All-Pro Carolina Panthers linebacker is on the sideline before Georgia’s game against Louisiana-Lafayette, and was taking selfies with friends, family members and anyone else who came up asking for one.
Walking the sideline before the game, you could definitely tell that spirits are lifted around the team. Two straight wins, including over a top 10 team, will do that. We’ll see if that is a good thing, or leads to over-confidence.
During the Dawg Walk, offensive line coach Sam Pittman took a selfie with Hairy Dawg, and seemed pretty excited about it.
Sony Michel, wearing a dapper suit and black hat, was embracing the new rule about dressing out for the Dawg Walk. Lorenzo Carter, on the other hand, was wearing a pullover.
A few other observations, injuries and otherwise:
- It’s rather windy at times, and you have to wonder if that will affect Jacob Eason. It did against South Carolina, when he had his worst game of the season.
- As reported earlier, receiver Michael Chigbu is out with a knee injury.
- And while offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn is dressed out, Dyshon Sims is with the first team in warm-ups. Wynn sprained his knee in the first half of the Auburn game, though he did return to practice on Wednesday.
- Inside linebacker Natrez Patrick, who missed the Auburn game with a shoulder injury, was also not going through warm-ups, though like Wynn he’s in uniform.
- Defensive lineman DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle is also dressed out, after missing the past two games with a high ankle sprain. Whether he’s playing is unclear.