The second edition of the College Football Playoff rankings were released on Tuesday night, with the Bulldogs coming in at No. 8, up one spot from last week. Georgia is coming off a 45-16 win over South Carolina.
The top five remained unchanged following a week in which Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson and Texas A&M all won. Ohio State did not play, as its game against Illinois was cancelled due to a COVID-19 program.
Georgia is one of four SEC teams ranked in the Top-25, with Florida being the fourth coming in at No. 6. Auburn dropped out of the rankings following its loss to Alabama.
This week, the Bulldogs take on Vanderbilt at home. This will be Georgia’s final home game of the season and also senior day for the Bulldogs.
Georgia head coach Kirby Smart spoke about the importance of this senior class when he addressed the media on Monday.
“They’ve done it for each other, stuck together,” Smart said. “They’ve done a really good job thus far of maintaining social distancing, washing hands, not having major issues in our organization, and I appreciate the guys that have done that and the people that have helped them. The senior class has been the glue of that.
“They work really hard each day and I think they want to leave a legacy of being the winningest senior class to ever come out of here—that’s a feather they want to stick in their hat. If they want to do that, they’ve got to finish this thing off right.”
Georgia ranks No. 10 in the Coaches Poll and the No. 11 team in the AP Poll. Georgia’s game against Vanderbilt is set for a 4:00 p.m. ET kickoff on the SEC Network.
You can see the full Week 14 College Football Playoff rankings below.
Week 14 2020 College Football Playoff rankings
1. Alabama 2. Notre Dame 3. Clemson 4. Ohio State 5. Texas A&M 6. Florida 7. Cincinnati 8. Georgia 9. Iowa State 10. Miami 11. Oklahoma 12. Indiana 13. BYU 14. Northwestern 15. Oklahoma State 16. Wisconsin 17. North Carolina 18. Coastal Carolina 19. Iowa 20. USC 21. Marshall 22. Washington 23. Oregon 24. Tulsa 25. Louisiana Lafayette
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia AD Greg McGarity reflects on firing Mark Richt: ‘jury will be out forever’
- Terrion Arnold: Priority Georgia target sets final 5, finalizes commitment date
- Vanderbilt announces kicker Sarah Fuller will travel for game against Georgia football
- Nick Chubb highlights former Bulldogs in Week 12 action of NFL season
- Confidence, leadership are big reasons Georgia football is excited to see more from JT Daniels
- Kirby Smart explains decision to kneel, restrict final drive to runs
- WATCH: Georgia AD Greg McGarity stepping down, Josh Brooks early lead candidate
- Kirby Smart praises Ben Cleveland as senior OL wins SEC honors once again
- Georgia football opens as mammoth favorite over struggling Vanderbilt
- Georgia football-Vanderbilt game time, TV network announced for Week 14 game