Georgia DC Glenn Schumann scores enormous raise, Mike Bobo cashing in with $1 million plus Auburn buyout
ATHENS — Georgia co-defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann will receive a $1.9 million salary in 2023, more than double his salary of a year ago.
The salaries released to DawgNation from the University of Georgia Athletic Association also show new offensive coordinator Mike Bobo making $1 million a year.
Saban, meanwhile, hired former Notre Dame OC Tommy Rees and veteran DC Kevin Steele as his coordinators for the Crimson Tide, paying each $1.9 million.
That number essentially set the bar for Schumann’s new paycheck, and it’s hard to imagine Will Muschamp won’t be making at or near the same amount.
Muschamp, UGA’s co-defensive coordinator, has not yet had his salary publicly renegotiated nor announced this offseason.
UPDATED Georgia SALARIES in 2023
(per UGA Athletic Association)
Kirby Smart $10,500,000*
*contract will increase $250,000 per year through 2031
Glenn Schumann $1,900,000
Mike Bobo $1,000,000
Dell McGee $850,000
Todd Hartley $850,000
Will Muschamp $805,000 **
** not updated for 2023
Tray Scott $800,000
Fran Brown $800,000
Bryan McClendon $750,000
Stacy Searels $750,000
Chidera Uzo Diribe $500,000
Scott Sinclair $550,000 (strength coach)
- Kirby Smart’s Georgia football recruiting strategy, like picking strawberries
- Kirby Smart discusses new Georgia track and field facility, importance of addition of grass practice field
- ESPN computers catch up with Georgia, Bulldogs’ schedule eclipses other CFP teams
- Georgia A.D. Josh Brooks receives raise and extension after Top 10 Learfield Cup standing, fundraising records
- Georgia president, athletic director address football player driving arrests, trust Kirby Smart