Georgia football game time, TV Network announced for 2023 G-Day scrimmage
Georgia will hold its annual G-Day scrimmage on Saturday, April 15. The event will start at 4 p.m. ET and air on ESPN2.
The Bulldogs are the defending national championship, as they are coming off a 15-0 season. Georgia does not lose as much as it did last season but there are a number of key pieces that need replacing.
On offense, quarterback and left tackle are the two big positions battles. Carson Beck, Brock Vandagriff and Gunner Stockton will battle it out to see who replaces Stetson Bennett. Bennett was a Heisman Finalist last year and led Georgia to back-to-back national championships.
On the defensive side of the ball, Georgia will seek replacements for All-Americans Jalen Carter and Chris Smith.
Related: Spring usage of Javon Bullard, Jalon Walker could be telling for Georgia football defense
G-Day will also be our first look at a number of key new faces for Georgia, as 18 members of the 2023 signing class enrolled early. Among them include 5-star prospects Monroe Freeling, Jordan Hall, Damon Wilson and Raylen Wilson.
Georgia also signed three transfers this offseason, a departure from the 2022 offseason when Georgia did not bring anyone in via the transfer portal. Wide receivers Dominic Lovett and Rara Thomas and defensive back Smoke Bouie will suit up for Georgia this spring.
Spring practice begins for Georgia on Tuesday, with Pro Day taking place on Wednesday. Georgia’s Pro Day will be televised on the SEC Network, starting at 10 a.m. ET. Georgia sent 12 players to the NFL combine and could have as many as five first-round draft picks in the 2023 NFL Draft.
Georgia will hold 15 practices this spring, with the final one occurring on G-Day.
Georgia football 2023 G-Day scrimmage game time, TV Network
Game time: 4 p.m. ET
TV Network, ESPN 2
Location: Athens, Ga.
Date: April 15
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- What makes Brock Vandagriff the most interesting Georgia football quarterback this spring
- Jeremiah Smith: Nation’s No. 1 WR reflects on Georgia football visit, Ohio State commitment and Dylan Raiola
- Georgia football podcast: It’s time to recognize Kirby Smart as college football’s top coach
- Georgia football standouts share why 2022 win over Oregon was crucial: ‘We had a lot to prove’
- ESPN NFL draft analyst shares best potential fit for Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett
- Social media reacts to latest Kirby Smart-Nick Saban coach rankings debate
- Nazir Stackhouse: Georgia star Jalen Carter will prove teams wrong that pass on him in 2023 NFL Draft
- Kirby Smart ‘not gonna whine and cry’ about new SEC scheduling model
- Georgia football will quickly learn what it has in ‘exciting’ freshman Roderick Robinson
- How Georgia football veterans look to go from good to great during spring practice
- Kendall Milton injury to tell us a lot about the state of the Georgia football running back room