It was a Wednesday. So that mean we chatted about all things UGA football and UGA recruiting on DawgNation’s Facebook page via Facebook Live.
DawgNation staff writer Jeff Sentell scanned the field of 400-plus comments and clicked off as many answers as he could over the course of 35 minutes on a very sunny June evening in North Georgia. He also treated the early entries into the chat with a special trivia question about a UGA recruiting story over the past few days.
He asked if anyone could recall what happened to a major UGA recruiting target over the last few days at Big Cat Weekend in Auburn. The first person to recall the story about five-star prospect Jacoby Stevens taking a ride in Gus Malzahn‘s BWW i8 at Big Cat Weekend got themselves one of those currently “unlimited” edition DawgNation T-shirts.
This week’s topics included:
- The obligatory Q&A regarding when will Jacob Eason start and when will All-American candidate Nick Chubb be ready?
- Who are currently the Top 5 recruits that the Bulldogs have to sign this year?
- What are Georgia’s chances with five-star QB Trevor Lawrence?
- Who will be Georgia’s breakout freshman and breakout first-year player this year?
- Sentell also polled the room about everyone’s favorite piece of UGA memorabilia. One viewer said he had a ticket stub for every game in 1980.
- What are UGA’s chances with the following recruits: Cam Akers, K.J. Britt, D’Andre Swift and Monty Rice
- How cool is it to be an SEC coach when you can buy a $180,000 and up car and consider it a “recruiting tool” for that career?
- Who is the most underrated elite recruit in the state this year?
The DawgNation live chat archives are growing. Check out the recap posts from Sentell’s recent live UGA chats:
- June 3: UGA’s latest WR commitment and what happened when Michigan’s satellite camp went down to Georgia
- May 25: Live chat with UGA quarterback commit Jake Fromm
- May 17: Watch UGA RB target Brian Herrien make his college decision
- May 11: Live chat with UGA commit Breon Dixon
- April 27: What’s will Demetris Robertson decide? Is he trending away from UGA?
- April 20: Live chat with UGA signee Tyler Simmons
- April 19: Live chat with UGA commitment Netori Johnson
- April 13: What’s going to happen with William Poole III
- April 6: UGA’s newest commit Max Wray takes all your questions
- March 30: What’s up with all these open record requests?
- March 23: What to look for this spring in recruiting
- March 16: We talk spring game, hype songs and running back depth
- March 9: Lorenzo Carter, Demetris Robertson, and the biggest recruiting needs
Jeff Sentell covers UGA football and UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.