Date announced for 2023 Georgia football spring game
We now know the next day the Georgia football team will be back inside Sanford Stadium, as G-Day is scheduled for Saturday, April 15. A start time has not yet been announced, with the University of Georgia Alumni Association website announcing the news.
Georgia football is coming off its second-consecutive national championship season, as the Bulldogs went 15-0 in 2022.
While the Bulldogs don’t have to replace as many starters as they did a season ago, there are some key changes that will be made. The most interesting battle will be between Carson Beck, Brock Vandagriff and Gunner Stockton, as they compete to replace starting quarterback Stetson Bennett.
those three guys will get to battle it out. And they’ll learn a lot,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said after the national championship game. “Coach Monken does an unbelievable job in that room. And he did an unbelievable job with Stetson
Offensive tackle, cornerback and safety will also be some of the position battles to watch this spring. The G-Day scrimmage will also give us a chance to see some of the new faces in the Georgia program. The Bulldogs had 18 of their 25 members of the 2023 signing class enroll early, including 5-star prospects Damon Wilson, Raylen Wilson, Jordan Hall and Monroe Freeling.
Georgia also added three players via the transfer portal in Dominic Lovett, RaRa Thomas and Smoke Bouie. All three will practice with Georgia this spring as well.
As of this writing, Georgia is set to bring back all 10 of its on-field assistants. Todd Monken has received interest from NFL jobs, while Glenn Schumann has been mentioned as a candidate for the Alabama defensive coordinator job.
There has been no set start for spring practice, though the expectation is for that to begin sometime around March 14. Georgia will get 15 practices this spring, with G-Day serving as the final one of the batch.
The spring scrimmage will be open to the public. More details regarding a start time are expected to be made at a later date. Attendance is expected to be limited due in part to the ongoing construction to the south side of the stadium. Construction is expected to be finished in August of 2023.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean bring ‘The Bulldog effect’ to Super Bowl LVII
- 4 Georgia players making first impressions on NFL decision makers at Senior Bowl
- Todd Monken NFL rumors the price of championships for Georgia football
- Georgia football 2023 signees who could outperform their recruiting rankings
- Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett arrested Sunday morning
- Electric 2024 playmaker Dwight Phillips Jr. commits to ‘RBU’ for Georgia football
- Georgia football offensive future in flux with Todd Monken pondering next move
- What social media is saying following Georgia’s massive recruiting weekend
- Richard Seymour, Garrison Hearst nominated for College Football Hall of Fame
- Why Kirby Smart is just fine with his program still being compared to Alabama
- Georgia football Next Generation: Peyton Woodring aims to be the ‘best kicker that’s ever kicked’ at UGA
- Kirby Smart blunt on Georgia team culture: ‘If they don’t want to be here, I’d rather them go ahead and leave’