AP Poll has Georgia football as No. 1 entering College Football Playoff
With the regular season at an end, Georgia sits in the No. 1 ranking for the final AP Poll.
Georgia moved to 13-0 with its 50-30 win over LSU on Saturday.
It is the first time in program history that Georgia is 13-0 in a season. The Bulldogs are one of two unbeaten teams remaining, as Michigan also went 13-0. The Wolverines beat Purdue on Saturday to win the Big Ten.
For Georgia, the ultimate prize is going 15-0 and winning another national championship. But Saturday was still a moment to savor for many Georgia players.
With the exception of Stetson Bennett, it was the first SEC title for any player in the Georgia program.
“It feels amazing. Just coming up short so many times, just to finally be able to get a win, it feels great for sure,” senior safety Chris Smith said.
Georgia’s season is far from over, as the College Football Playoff almost certainly awaits Georgia. The final field will be announced at 12 p.m. ET on ESPN. Using the AP Poll, TCU comes in at No. 3, Ohio State is No. 4, with Alabama sitting at No. 5, just on the outside of the potential rankings.
The College Football Playoff games won’t be played until Dec. 31, giving Georgia a chance to correct some of the issues that popped up on the defensive side of the ball in its win over LSU.
“Football’s a tough, hard sport,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “Our guys embrace challenges. So I think they’ll embrace the challenge of getting better. You can’t say you’re going to go work on one thing because then you’ll be giving up on some other things. We need to work on a lot of things.”
You can see the full AP Poll Top 25 rankings for Week 15 below.
AP Poll Top 25 rankings for Week 15
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Kansas State
- Florida State
- Oregon State
- Notre Dame
- South Carolina
- Mississippi State
- NC State
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- ‘Battle-tested’ Michigan seeks revenge on Georgia in College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: Nick Saban’s playoff plea for Alabama falling on deaf ears, no sympathy from Georgia
- How Georgia football’s win, other Saturday results impact final College Football Playoff picture
- LSU coach Brian Kelly points out ‘divide is not huge’ between Tigers and No. 1 Georgia
- Kirby Smart on Georgia football defensive performance: ‘It won’t be accepted or tolerated’
- Heisman finalist or not, Stetson Bennett celebrates leading Georgia football to SEC championship
- Injury updates on Georgia football starters Ladd McConkey and Warren McClendon after 50-30 win over LSU
- Kirby Smart commands ‘connected assault,’ leads Georgia to SEC Championship win over LSU
- Georgia offensive tackle Warren McClendon leaves game with lower-body injury
- Joenel Aguero: The All-American who turned down millions in NIL to get developed by Georgia football
- Mykel Williams: Rising sophomore star defender out for the rest of spring drills after injury
- Georgia football playing the long game with versatile defensive back Smoke Bouie
- The simple reason Mykel Williams will be ‘a great, dominant player’ for Georgia football defensive line
- Arian Smith shares sage advice for Kendall Milton, other injured Georgia Bulldogs