Former tight end Brett Seither reportedly transferring to Georgia football rival
Brett Seither was the first Georgia player to enter the transfer portal after the Bulldogs won their second-straight national championship and he appears to be the first to have found a new home.
According to Russell Johnson of Rivals, Seither has enrolled at Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer. Seither has two years of eligibility remaining after spending the first four years of his career at Georgia.
In going to Georgia Tech, Seither will team up with former Georgia analyst Buster Faulkner, who is now the offensive coordinator for the Yellow Jackets. Faulkner spent the past three seasons on the Georgia staff as an analyst.
Seither had also taken a visit to Nebraska before deciding to head to Atlanta. The Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets play each other on an annual basis, with Georgia beating Georgia Tech 37-14 in Athens this past season.
Seither played in 13 games for Georgia this past season but did not record a catch. He caught three passes for 51 yards in his Georgia career.
Georgia has seen an exodus at the tight end position this offseason, as Ryland Goede and Arik Gilbert are also in the transfer portal at the moment. Darnell Washington declared for the NFL draft this past Thursday, leaving Brock Bowers and Oscar Delp as the only returning tight ends for Todd Hartley.
The Bulldogs did sign Pearce Spurlin and Lawson Luckie in the 2023 recruiting class, with both players already on campus. Georgia is still in the mix for 2023 tight ends Duce Robinson and Walker Lyons as well.
Georgia landed three players out of the transfer portal, landing RaRa Thomas of Mississippi State, Dominic Lovett of Missouri and Smoke Bouie of Texas A&M.
The 2023 roster will continue to take shape over the coming days, with Monday being the final day players can enter the 2023 NFL Draft and Wednesday being the last day players can enter the transfer portal. There will be a second portal opening on May 1 through May 15.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Championship celebration shows impact Vince Dooley still has for Georgia
- Stetson Bennett’s storybook Georgia football career might continue with final stop at Senior Bowl
- Georgia releases official statement on passing of offensive lineman Devin Willock, staffer Chandler LeCroy
- Kirby Smart on passing of Devin Willock, Chandler LeCroy: ‘We are all heartbroken and devasted’
- Social media reacts to wild Georgia football celebration: ‘Screw it, we won two rings’
- WATCH: Nolan Smith’s heartfelt farewell to Georgia football DawgNation
- Coach Kirby Smart celebrates, Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Saturday draws thousands
- Dylan Raiola makes public push for Georgia to land 5-star defensive lineman Williams Nwaneri
- ESPN tabs Damon Wilson as possible ‘instant impact’ newcomer for Georgia football
- Justin Greene commitment a much-needed win for Georgia football defensive line recruiting
- Ladd McConkey already generating national media buzz entering 2023 season
- Sammy Brown commitment shows Georgia is still going to do battle with Clemson