Georgia football: The ‘Dawgs in the NFL share their take on that big Clemson win
The ‘Dawgs had their day in Charlotte. A lot of Kirby Smart’s former Bulldogs at Georgia really enjoyed watching them, too.
Check out this quote from one of Kirby Smart’s key 2017 signees: “Words can’t explain how happy I was.”
That is a pretty good take, but there were more than that. DawgNation reached out to a number of NFL Bulldogs that played for Smart to get their take on the big 10-3 win.
A few of the guys were so pumped that they couldn’t help overloading their text messages with emojis. It was one of those great Georgia season-opening performances. It even pumped up the UGA alums who had been in the locker room after big wins like that.
They were just like the rest of DawgNation watching it all unfold on Saturday night.
“Man, it was awesome. I watched every snap. The game was a battle of the trenches for sure. No doubt about it. You could tell our guys came out with a mentality to get after it for four quarters and they did just that. I couldn’t be more pumped and proud of our guys for the way they battled every snap.”
“I can’t say enough about the defense as a whole. Especially up front for their dominance. It was also great to see guys who have been waiting for their opportunity get out there and make some plays. I thought JT really handled himself well. It’s tough in games like that where its tough to find a rhythm but he held his composure. I’m excited to see how the offense responds and gets better but what a great win for the team, the university and ‘Dawg fans everywhere!” -- Former QB Jake Fromm (Buffalo Bills)
“I loved the game. Both teams played well. It was exciting to see the boys play like that! Especially the D-line. Words can’t explain how happy I was! -- Former DE Malik Herring (Kanas City Chiefs)
“I thought it was a dominant performance by a great Georgia defense the entire game. Offensively, we did some good things as well that I liked against a stout defensive front. I think Brock Bowers had some great flashes but would like to see us improve as a complete offensive threat and the penalties hurt us as well.”-- Former DE Jon Ledbetter (Miami Dolphins)
“I thought the Georgia defense looked strong as expected. Very deep and it attacked Clemson all game. Coach Smart’s recruiting on the defensive side of the ball and those guys buying into their role was the key. Jake has really improved his finesse on those inside the 20 punts as field position played a key role.”
“I think the offense will find their groove as they get key players healthy. I’m hoping this game will bring confidence get the team rolling just like the win at Notre Dame did during my season.”-- Former P Cameron Nizialek (Atlanta Falcons)
“Oh yeah, I loved it. The defense played to the standard. Held them to two rushing yards. Sheesh! 7 sacks in one game were hunting. I’m so proud of those boys. Great way to kick off the season!” -- Former DE Azeez Ojulari (New York Giants)
“The defense played very well. I loved to see Channing Tindall play like we know he can.” -- Former ILB Monty Rice (Tennessee Titans)
“I had a great time watching them play. They worked really hard in the off-season and it showed on Saturday. I can’t wait to watch how the season goes.”-- Former All-American OT Andrew Thomas (New York Giants)
“I thought the Georgia defense played real well. Love to see Nolan [Smith] and Nakobe [Dean] doing well. Loved the TE play. The duo of [John] FitzPatrick and Brock [Bowers] was nice. I hope to see some three tight end sets when Darnell [Washington] is healthy.” -- Former TE Charlie Woerner (San Francisco 49ers)
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with Georgia football names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.
(check on the recent recruiting reads on DawgNation.com)
- Long-time commit Marquis Groves-Killebrew is “All ‘Dawg” and is recruiting 5-star Kamari Wilson hard
- Big Bear Alexander breaks down his final two and that “home” feeling at UGA
- What does the recruiting tale of the tape look like with Dabo Swinney and Clemson?
- What kind of season do the recruits think the Bulldogs will have in 2021?
- #SavageSZN23: Sept. 1 arrives with a bang for the 2023 recruiting cycle
- BREAKING: 3-star OT Jacob Hood commits to Georgia
- Georgia QB commit Gunner Stockton puts up seven TDs in a game for the 10th time
- Elite 2023 DT Kayden McDonald already says Tray Scott is like an uncle to him
- Which two guys does Gunner Stockton now want to see commit to the G?
- How did 5-star UGA commitments Malaki Starks and Gunner Stockton open up the season?
- 5-star headliners Malaki Starks and Gunner Stockton are set to face off
- 2023 WR prospect Cayden Lee looks like another Jermaine Burton
- All-American Oscar Delp breaks down the final weeks of his process
- Georgia legacy OL prospect Drew Bobo is now down to a final 3
- 5-star DL Mykel Williams still sounds solid to USC but will likely give UGA an official visit
- Big Bear Alexander lists UGA among his final 2 schools
- BREAKING: In-state speedster Cole Speer commits to UGA
- AJ Harris: 5-star junior CB sounds locked on a final five, eyes decision timeframe
- Justice Haynes: Dell McGee told the legacy RB just how important he is for 2023
- Bradyn Joiner: Elite 2023 OL “felt like Nick Saban in shoulder pads” at UGA
- Christen Miller breaks down all the love he got recently from UGA
- WATCH: New Georgia commit Griffin Scroggs breaks down why he had to be a Bulldog
- BREAKING: State champion OL Griffin Scroggs commits to UGA
- BREAKING: 3-star Texas WR Dillion Bell commits to UGA
- 5-star junior safety Joenel Aguero is already very high on Georgia