Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star Arch Manning. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 QB and the No. 1 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Circle the calendar for June 3-5. 5-star QB Arch Manning is going to make a big official visit weekend in Athens just that much bigger.
That weekend already was set to be vital for the 2023 class in Athens with 5-star safety Caleb Downs and priority legacy RB target Justice Haynes in town for their officials. They will be there along with a lot of Georgia’s anchor commitments for this cycle.
DawgNation was able to confirm on Saturday morning Manning will be taking his official visits to Georgia, Alabama and Texas on the first three weekends in June, respectively. The fourth weekend in June will be reserved for the annual Manning Passing Academy quarterback camp at Nichols State University.
Georgia, Alabama and Texas have been seen for some time as the three major schools to watch in the Manning recruitment. Manning also got to see each one of those three schools in the spring, too. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports was the first to report the visit dates on Saturday morning.
That said, the expectation had been for some time for the Bulldogs to try and line up their top targets for official visits for that first June weekend. That was what the Bulldogs did in June of 2021 after on-campus visits were restored by the NCAA coming off the 15-month dead period caused by the global pandemic.
That’s when luminaries such as All-Americans Oscar Delp, De’Nylon Morrissette, Branson Robinson and Gunner Stockton took their pivotal officials to Athens for the 2022 cycle. The Bulldogs will hope to stack that weekend in much the same manner for the 2023 cycle with future class anchors, too.
What did Manning recently tell DawgNation about his process?
“I really have no idea right now,” Manning said. “I kind of have narrowed it down a little bit. I don’t have a timeline or anything like that. I’m just kind of focusing on spring football right now.”
How did he feel about the Bulldogs?
“I think Georgia has a really good staff,” Arch Manning said. “They are just coming off a national championship. There are a lot of good players. Especially on defense. You saw last year they were surrounded by talent. 15 NFL Draft picks. There is a lot to like about Georgia.”
“I’m looking forward to another visit. To kind of get a final go-around with them.”
Check out some of the names already expected in town for that first weekend in June:
- 5-star QB target Arch Manning (New Orleans, La.) -- Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect
- 5-star S target Caleb Downs (Hoschton, Ga. ) -- Nation’s No. 11 overall prospect
- 4-star WR target Jalen Hale (Longview, Tex.) -- Nation’s No. 40 overall prospect
- 4-star RB target Justice Haynes (Buford, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 45 overall prospect
- 4-star TE COMMIT Pearce Spurlin III (South Walton Beach, Fla.) -- Nation’s No. 72 overall prospect
- 4-star LB COMMIT Gabe Harris (Valdosta, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 89 overall prospect
- 4-star TE COMMIT Lawson Luckie (Norcross, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 213 overall prospect
- 3-star DB target Chris Peal (Charlotte, NC) -- Nation’s No. 438 overall prospect
- 3-star LB target CJ Allen (Barnesville, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 486 overall prospect
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with UGA names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.