Nation’s No. 1 prospect Arch Manning has set the dates set for three big official visits
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star Arch Manning. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 QB and the No. 1 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Circle the calendar for June 3-5. 5-star QB Arch Manning is going to make a big official visit weekend in Athens just that much bigger.
That weekend already was set to be vital for the 2023 class in Athens with 5-star safety Caleb Downs and priority legacy RB target Justice Haynes in town for their officials. They will be there along with a lot of Georgia’s anchor commitments for this cycle.
DawgNation was able to confirm on Saturday morning Manning will be taking his official visits to Georgia, Alabama and Texas on the first three weekends in June, respectively. The fourth weekend in June will be reserved for the annual Manning Passing Academy quarterback camp at Nichols State University.
Georgia, Alabama and Texas have been seen for some time as the three major schools to watch in the Manning recruitment. Manning also got to see each one of those three schools in the spring, too. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports was the first to report the visit dates on Saturday morning.
That said, the expectation had been for some time for the Bulldogs to try and line up their top targets for official visits for that first June weekend. That was what the Bulldogs did in June of 2021 after on-campus visits were restored by the NCAA coming off the 15-month dead period caused by the global pandemic.
That’s when luminaries such as All-Americans Oscar Delp, De’Nylon Morrissette, Branson Robinson and Gunner Stockton took their pivotal officials to Athens for the 2022 cycle. The Bulldogs will hope to stack that weekend in much the same manner for the 2023 cycle with future class anchors, too.
What did Manning recently tell DawgNation about his process?
“I really have no idea right now,” Manning said. “I kind of have narrowed it down a little bit. I don’t have a timeline or anything like that. I’m just kind of focusing on spring football right now.”
How did he feel about the Bulldogs?
“I think Georgia has a really good staff,” Arch Manning said. “They are just coming off a national championship. There are a lot of good players. Especially on defense. You saw last year they were surrounded by talent. 15 NFL Draft picks. There is a lot to like about Georgia.”
“I’m looking forward to another visit. To kind of get a final go-around with them.”
Check out some of the names already expected in town for that first weekend in June:
- 5-star QB target Arch Manning (New Orleans, La.) -- Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect
- 5-star S target Caleb Downs (Hoschton, Ga. ) -- Nation’s No. 11 overall prospect
- 4-star WR target Jalen Hale (Longview, Tex.) -- Nation’s No. 40 overall prospect
- 4-star RB target Justice Haynes (Buford, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 45 overall prospect
- 4-star TE COMMIT Pearce Spurlin III (South Walton Beach, Fla.) -- Nation’s No. 72 overall prospect
- 4-star LB COMMIT Gabe Harris (Valdosta, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 89 overall prospect
- 4-star TE COMMIT Lawson Luckie (Norcross, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 213 overall prospect
- 3-star DB target Chris Peal (Charlotte, NC) -- Nation’s No. 438 overall prospect
- 3-star LB target CJ Allen (Barnesville, Ga.) -- Nation’s No. 486 overall prospect
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with UGA names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.
Check out the practice video below of Manning in action at spring practice from Isidore Newman:
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Kayden McDonald: Elite in-state DT talent kicks off his senior season on TV with spring game
- Arch Manning: The quest to not only be the best but to be the best Manning
- Georgia’s 2022 class gets a late boost with the reclassification of 2023 commit Marcus Washington Jr.
- 3-star New Orleans OT Tyree Adams feels “blessed” to be recruited by UGA, plans an official visit
- 6-foot-6 Georgia LB signee Darrius Smith takes home two incredible state track titles
- WATCH: 5-star QB Arch Manning in action at spring practice
- PHOTOS: Check out Arch Manning at spring practice at Isidore Newman
- Arch Manning: The 30-something things learned from watching the nation’s No. 1 prospect practice
- James Smith: The nation’s No. 2 DL talks up Georgia, Alabama among his top 11
- Jayden Wayne: 5-star DL has scheduled his first official visit with UGA
- Caleb Downs: “Special” 5-star safety is the top prospect in Georgia this cycle
- CJ Allen: Elite in-state LB plans sets commitment date, sets decision-mapping officials
- Hykeem Williams on UGA: “Every time I go it gets better”
- Georgia team captain Jamaree Salyer finally picked in the sixth round by the Los Angeles Chargers
- Nakobe Dean: Georgia’s brilliant LB finally hears his name called by the Philadelphia Eagles
- Jamaree Salyer: The championship road to the 2022 NFL Draft
- Nakobe Dean: Georgia’s ultimate achiever readies for NFL career climb
- Jamaal Jarrett: Priority DT target breaks down his final five schools
- Devonte Wyatt: The “Let me have him” story on the first-round NFL Draft prospect
- 5-star ATH Samuel M’Pemba shares glowing review of first UGA trip will be back
- Arch Manning: What makes him the man beyond that famous Manning name