Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star LB CJ Allen. He ranks as the nation’s No. 10 LB and the No. 167 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
CJ Allen had hoped to wait until July 9 to make his college commitment known. He went on his final official visit to Tennessee last weekend.
It was supposed to give him some time to think things over and dwell on the right decision.
Allen didn’t need a lot of time. The 4-star LB has been a Peach State priority for this class for some time. He’s a three-sport athlete and he likes to act fast and play fast.
He committed to Georgia on Monday evening. It is a very big get for the 2023 class in Athens.
“It was time,” Allen told DawgNation.
He took his official visit to UGA first. Allen was with that visitor’s list of very leaned-in commits for the first week of June. It is fair to say that he has had Georgia on his mind for a long time.
Back at G-Day, he wore an old-school red Malcolm Mitchell jersey as a way to rep the red team that his future position coach Glenn Schumann was coaching for that day.
Allen now becomes the 12th member of the 2023 recruiting class in Athens. He played basketball, ran track and also carried the football for his Lamar County Trojans. He piled up over 1,000 yards as a two-way player for his team.
This was not too taxing of a decision for him. He took officials to both Auburn and Tennessee, but he had been a frequent visitor to Athens over the last two years.
“It feels great,” he said on Thursday evening. “It feels normal. It is a home feeling.”
Check out his junior film below.
Allen just received a major rankings bump this month by the recruiting industry. The new evals are definitely more indicative of his overall skill set and college potential.
He saw a substantial rise in his recruiting rankings earlier this month by picking up an additional star to rise to a 4-star recruit. He’s now a high 4-star prospect at that.
To put it in the proper perspective, here’s what his 247Sports Composite rankings were heading into his Georgia official visit last week and where they now currently stand:
- June 2, 2022: Nation’s No. 43 LB and the No. 486 overall prospect
- Today: Nation’s No. 10 LB and the No. 167 overall prospect
Allen’s decision now vaults the Bulldogs up to the nation’s No. 3 overall recruiting class for the 2023 cycle.
The 6-foot-1, 226-pound senior this fall also got some more great news this week. He was invited to play in the All-American Bowl out in San Antonio and quickly accepted.
He also got a good look at Georgia during his official visit.
“I would say it was definitely perfect,” Allen said. “It was definitely one to remember.”
What did he like best about it?
“Really just hanging with the guys,” Allen said. “Some of the recruits. Hanging with some of the current players. Then talking to Coach [Kirby] Smart. I think that Coach Smart and I had a good talk, you know. We didn’t even talk about football. We talked about internships and majors.”
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- New 5-star cornerback AJ Harris wants to play with CJ Allen, Joenel Aguero, Caleb Downs, Arch Manning and Justice Haynes
- AJ Harris: The new 5-star commit told Kirby Smart he was going to play for him in the sixth grade
- Georgia football: A trio of 5-star recruits highlights another loaded weekend of official visitors
- Texas speedster Anthony Evans III shares how UGA countered negative perceptions on his OV
- AJ Harris: Check out the rave review the new Bulldog commit got from an NFL first-round CB
- BREAKING: 5-star AJ Harris commits to UGA
- How much will NIL opportunities sway the decisions of some of Georgia’s top 2023 targets?
- Talented DL prospect Jamaal Jarrett breaks down a key Georgia official visit
- Joshua Miller: Bulldogs flip talented OL from Penn State to their 2023 class
- Joenel Aguero: 5-star safety shared where his head was at prior to a BIG Georgia official visit
- Georgia football recruiting: Setting the stage on another big weekend of OVs with Joenel Aguero, Jamaal Jarrett, Troy Bowles and Tyler Wiliams
- CJ Allen: Elite LB target breaks down his “perfect” Georgia official visit
- Georgia football: Bulldogs will be out in the community this weekend for a “Camp with the Champs”
- Priority 5-star target Qua Russaw and James Smith set up their first official visit to UGA
- TJ Shanahan Jr: Elite OL prospect breaks down key UGA official visit
- Justice Haynes: ‘Dawgs compare legacy RB to an “RBU” great on a “one for the books” visit
- Georgia football recruiting: 23 quick-hit things to know from the first huge 2023 recruiting weekend
- 5-star Class of 2024 safety Peyton Woodyard already feels he “would fit right in” at Georgia
- Malik Benson: Nation’s No. 1 JUCO prospect shares why Georgia is on his mind
- Jayden Wayne: Father of 5-star EDGE shares insider’s view of big OV to UGA
- Electric “freak” LB Qua Russaw explains how Georgia has been recruiting him the right way so far
- Arch Manning: The quest to not only be the best but to be the best Manning
- WATCH: 5-star QB Arch Manning in action at spring practice
- Arch Manning: The 30-something things learned from watching the nation’s No. 1 prospect practice
- James Smith: The nation’s No. 2 DL talks up Georgia, Alabama among his top 11