Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep will preview the names that are set to take their official visits to Georgia this weekend in Athens. The Bulldogs are hosting another big group of key targets in the 2023 recruiting cycle.
Jamaal Jarrett has been to North Carolina and Auburn on official visits so far. He’s got a big one to Georgia this weekend and one more this month to Texas A&M. He will save one in September for Clemson.
That’s the plan right now.
The 6-foot-6, 345-pounder from Grimsley High in North Carolina is the biggest literal target for the Bulldogs in the 2023 cycle.
The plan for Georgia is to make sure he winds up a ‘Dawg. The young man has drawn comparisons to the great Jordan Davis as a potential future anchor of the Bulldog defense. He began his official at 4 p.m. this afternoon.
He will hope to see his favorite snack in that obscenely-stocked hotel room full of goodies. That would be Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for the top 200 overall recruit. He doesn’t even mind those new thin versions.
How have those first two officials gone for Jarrett so far?
“UNC pretty much set the vibe,” he said. “The whole home feeling. Auburn really showed off the whole school as far as their family-based setup. You know my brother [2022 Auburn DL signee] Enyce Sledge goes there. They are trying to push that family feeling as well. Everything around Auburn is like five or six minutes away. I like how everything is close to the facility so I don’t have to worry about going off-campus to do stuff. I just like how Auburn has that home-based feeling as well.”
“UNC is like right up the road (45 minutes from home) so you already know they have that family vibe. Those are pretty much what those two visits hit like for me. With Georgia, I just want to make sure they are the right ones. They already had that family-based feeling with me as well.”
There are a lot of guys at Georgia who create that feeling for Jarrett.
“That’s me and [defensive line assistant] coach [Carson] Hall and coach [Tray] Scott and coach [Kirby] Smart have been real close as well. So that’s pretty much what I am aiming to get out of that visit. Make sure that they might be the right ones and also pick up whatever I didn’t pick up from my previous visits as well.”
Speedy Texas WR Anthony Evans, like most of the visitors for the weekend, is also on his way to the hotel this afternoon.
Last week’s visit list featured six offensive players among the nine highest-rated prospects in town for their officials. The trend seems more defensive-minded this weekend.
Of the five highest-rated prospects in town this week, there will be four that line up on the defensive side. That doesn’t even include Jarret at No. 186 overall. While his rankings continue to rise, he is ranked by Rivals.com as the nation’s No. 2 DT prospect for the 2023 cycle.
Check out DawgNation’s “Morning Boost” for Friday which previewed the big recruiting weekend in Athens.
Check out the full list below.
OFFICIAL VISITORS SET FOR THIS WEEKEND (June 10-12)
2023 Georgia football Undecided TARGETS
- 5-star Joenel Aguero (Lynn, Mass.) - Nation’s No. 2 safety and No. 34 overall prospect
- 4-star Troy Bowles (Tampa, Fla. ) - No. 2 LB and No. 44 overall
- 4-star Tyler Williams (Lakeland, Fla.) - No. 24 WR and No. 147 overall
- 4-star Jamaal Jarrett (Greensboro, NC) - No. 26 DT and No. 184 overall
- 4-star Kelton Smith (Columbus, Ga.) - No. 11 IOL and No. 256 overall
- 4-star LB Grayson “Pup” Howard (Jacksonville, Fla.) - 17 LB and No. 257 overall
- 4-star WR Anthony Evans III (Converse, Tex.) - No. 33 47 WR and No. 344 overall
- 3-star OT Shamurad Umarov (Alpharetta, Ga.) - No. 32 OT and No. 396 overall
2023 Georgia football COMMITS
- 3-star IOL Ryqueze McElderry (Anniston, Ala.) -- No. 26 IOL and the No. 415 overall prospect
Here’s an overview:
- 5-stars: 1
- Top 50 overall recruits: 2
- Recruits ranked among the nation’s top 5 at their position: 2
- Out-of-state prospects: 7
- In-state prospects: 2
- Offensive targets: 5
- Defensive targets: 4
- Undecided prospects: 8
- Commits: 1
The Bulldogs, with their eight commitments, find themselves slotted with the nation’s No. 10 recruiting class for the 2023 cycle on the 247Sports Composite Team ranking.
Look for that status to rise considerably over the next two months heading into the season.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- CJ Allen: Elite LB target breaks down his “perfect” Georgia official visit
- Georgia football: Bulldogs will be out in the community this weekend for a “Camp with the Champs”
- Priority 5-star target Qua Russaw and James Smith set up their first official visit to UGA
- TJ Shanahan Jr: Elite OL prospect breaks down key UGA official visit
- Justice Haynes: ‘Dawgs compare legacy RB to an “RBU” great on a “one for the books” visit
- Georgia football recruiting: 23 quick-hit things to know from the first huge 2023 recruiting weekend
- Justice Haynes: Legacy All-American RB sets the stage for a busy month of June officials
- Georgia football recruiting: Biggest recruiting weekend of the 2023 cycle so far in Athens
- 5-star Class of 2024 safety Peyton Woodyard already feels he “would fit right in” at Georgia
- Elite LB Raylen Wilson will take a big official to UGA this weekend
- LOOK: White Georgia helmet and uniform variant worn by 2024 DB commit on recruiting visit
- 12 reasons why the Georgia football team has already gotten better this week
- Malik Benson: Nation’s No. 1 JUCO prospect shares why Georgia is on his mind
- Jayden Wayne: Father of 5-star EDGE shares insider’s view of big OV to UGA
- Electric “freak” LB Qua Russaw explains how Georgia has been recruiting him the right way so far
- Arch Manning: The quest to not only be the best but to be the best Manning
- Georgia’s 2022 class gets a late boost with the reclassification of 2023 commit Marcus Washington Jr.
- 3-star New Orleans OT Tyree Adams feels “blessed” to be recruited by UGA, plans an official visit
- WATCH: 5-star QB Arch Manning in action at spring practice
- PHOTOS: Check out Arch Manning at spring practice at Isidore Newman
- Arch Manning: The 30-something things learned from watching the nation’s No. 1 prospect practice
- James Smith: The nation’s No. 2 DL talks up Georgia, Alabama among his top 11
- Caleb Downs: “Special” 5-star safety is the top prospect in Georgia this cycle