Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star junior LB Demarcus Riddick. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 LB and the No.43 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Georgia’s linebacker corps is going to be more than ridiculous in the years to come. Even more.
That was evident with what the ‘Dawgs signed in 2022, and what they have on the way with three committed prospects that all rank among the nation’s top 10 LBs in 2023.
It just got even better with the news from 4-star Chilton County (Ala.) junior LB Demarcus Riddick.
Riddick, the nation’s No. 2 LB for the 2024 cycle, just announced his commitment to Georgia during a live ceremony from his school.
“Pure athleticism here,” Chilton County coach Marvin Morton said. “He’s somebody that you can tell just has that athletic ability about him. Probably the most athletic kid I’ve coached in my career being able to move east and west and play a little bit of offense. He’s got ball skills that will allow him to play those fifty-fifty balls and track the football on defense.”
The junior ranks as the nation’s No. 2 LB and the No. 43 overall prospect for the 2024 cycle on the 247Sports Composite standard. The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Riddick plays all over the field for his Chilton County High School team.
With this decision, the Bulldogs now move into the No. 1 spot for the 2024 cycle on the 247Sports Team Composite rankings. Riddick becomes the second highest-rated prospect to make their verbal commitment to the ‘Dawgs in the 2024 cycle.
Ironically, he is now the first defensive prospect to join the 2024 class in Athens at this time.
Georgia’s five previous commitments up to this point had all been on the offensive side of the ball.
The ‘Dawgs are getting another bonafide football player here in Riddick. He’s capable of making plays on both sides of the ball. In his most recent game, he recorded 11 tackles, two sacks and a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown.
Riddick is blessed with 4.5 speed in the 40. In an earlier game this fall, he had 16 tackles, two interceptions, one sack and another 55-yard punt return for a TD.
“He’s an unselfish kid as well, man,” Morton said. “Any position we need him out there, man, he’s willing to do it. That just kind of shows his athleticism and explosiveness when he returns those punts with the ball in his hands.”
Key point: When any LB prospect is returning punts and scoring touchdowns for his high school team, that is a very very good thing. During the 7-on-7 season, he was found playing safety (and doing a very good job of it) for his team.
His junior season is already over. Chilton County wrapped up its 2022 regular season last week and did not qualify for the playoffs with a 4-6 record.
Check out Riddick’s junior year highlight reel below.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Georgia football: The recruiting tale of the tape gives the ‘Dawgs a major edge over the Vols
- Georgia football: Will the Tennessee game be the biggest game weekend ever for recruits?
- Jeremiah Cobb: Recent Georgia football offer to Auburn commit looms after Bryan Harsin news
- PHOTOS: Check out the images of another end zone party after the beatdown of the Gators
- Ellis Robinson IV: Nation’s No. 1 CB keeps bringing up “family” and “home” when it comes to UGA
- Former Georgia great Andre Hastings shares the real story on why he chose the ‘Dawgs
- BREAKING: Georgia adds a cornerback with 4.38 speed to the class in Chris Peal
- INTEL BREAKDOWN: Georgia already has a gamebreaker WR on the way in 4-star Tyler Williams
- Justice Haynes: Legacy 5-star RB is solidly committed to ‘Bama, but plans one more UGA visit
- Eddrick Houston: The 5-star junior already feels like a must-get for the ‘Dawgs in 2024
- BREAKING: ‘Dawgs add a big-time junior QB to 2024 class with Ryan Puglisi
- Elite 2024 QB target Ryan Puglisi “loves Georgia” and will visit with his family for Vanderbilt
- Jordan “BigBaby” Hall breaks down what he loves about Georgia, Tray Scott and Athens
- BREAKING: 4-star RB Roderick Robinson II flips his commitment to be a ‘Dawg!
- Electric 5-star junior ATH Mike Matthews shares what he likes best about Georgia
- LB commit Raylen Wilson on schools hoping for a flip: “They’re trying but I’m not replying”
- BREAKING: Priority All-American WR target Tyler Williams chooses the “Dawgs
- Sam M’Pemba: 5-star target shares what he thought of that pregame lap around Sanford Stadium with Kirby Smart
- Lawson Luckie: The real reason this remarkable young man committed to Georgia will touch your heart