Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry is about the latest positive news regarding UGA and 5-star commitment Big Bear Alexander.
It is an easy concept to note June 1 was going to be a big day for Georgia finally getting to host recruits again. As it turns out, it is going to be a Big Bear Alexander Day, too.
DawgNation has learned the 5-star commitment and an anchor of the 2022 class plans to be at UGA tomorrow on the very first day that recruits are allowed back on campus.
If you don’t know the real deal about Alexander, then please read this story. Alexander’s path in life has shaped the young man he is today.
Alexander ranks at the nation’s No. 7 DL prospect and the No. 26 overall prospect on the 247Sports Composite ratings for the 2022 cycle. That ranking reflects a recent positional slotting shift by that service to lump all strong-side defensive end and interior defensive line targets together.
That type of consolidation has taken place at a lot of positions like QB, RB, interior OL and at LB, too. There is also an EDGE defender positional ranking.
The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Alexander also recently moved from his state championship team at Denton Ryan to play for the Brewer Bears near Fort Worth this spring. He ranks as the highest-rated public commitment in Georgia’s class at this time. The Bulldog class also currently ranks No. 1 overall nationally for 2022.
Alexander is in Texas. There is constant worry about the Texas schools prying a wedge between his feelings for UGA and staying close to home.
Anything can happen in recruiting, but that’s something that seems a little inflated regarding the feelings Alexander continues to express about UGA and taking over the No. 99 for Jordan Davis in 2022.
He told DawgNation earlier this spring his commitment to UGA was still “rock solid” and it appears he’s walking that talk by visiting UGA again at the earliest possible opportunity.
The visit also offers some good balance to a recent social media post showing him interacting with former UGA staffer Nick Williams on a FaceTime call. Williams recently left UGA to join the staff at Texas A&M.
Big Bear Alexander: Something else to know
Alexander’s commitment is one that fans will always fret about giving his status and his location. That’s natural given his skill set and prospect status. None of the major programs are going to concede a dominating “3″ tech like Alexander to the Bulldogs.
That’s not the way recruiting is. Especially after 16 months where recruits have not been able to step foot on a college campus due to the pandemic.
But there’s another thing going on behind the scenes which might add a bit more definition to his commitment to the Bulldogs. When speaking with 5-star commitment Deyon Bouie this weekend, he pointed to Alexander as a guy who already appears quite invested in building up this 2022 class at Georgia.
Bouie said “Big Bear” reaches out to him all the time. They swap messages all the time.
“I don’t want to blow smoke up ‘Big Bear’ but I feel like ‘Big Bear’ is more of a leader of this class than all of us,” Bouie said. “You don’t have no choice but to listen to what Bear has to say. He’s the biggest guy in the room or on the calls and he might growl or go ‘Raagggh’ at you. I think he might growl at you or something.”
It has been constant.
“Big Bear will tell like the group chat we’ve got this group meeting at 7 p.m. on a day and to make sure that everybody gets in there,” Bouie said.
Bouie will also be at UGA on that big June 1 return to campus date.
The month of June is sure going to be fun to watch and try to keep up with.
(check on the recent recruiting reads on DawgNation.com)
- Branson Robinson: The choir boy RB target than can run a 4.49 and bench press 410 pounds
- Deyon Bouie: The 5-star commit is still “locked-in” with UGA
- 5-star LB Jeremiah Alexander outlines his June 3 visit to UGA
- California OL Earnest Greene III plans to take a visit to UGA
- Amari Sabb: Georgia offers the younger brother of 5-star ATH Keon Sabb
- WATCH: Georgia WR commitment De’Nylon Morrissette breaks free for a 99-yard TD
- Nation’s No. 2 TE Oscar Delp hints at a strong family connection to UGA
- Georgia legacy Marcus Washington Jr. will also be a Bulldog
- 5-star UGA commit Malaki Starks win the Georgia state long jump title
- Jalon Walker named Gatorade North Carolina Player of the Year after his junior season
- Brock Vandagriff named Gatorade Georgia Player of the Year for 2020
- Jalon Walker: All-American LB commit reflects on his “Chip” win
- Georgia loses yet another recruiter to Texas A&M
- All-American LB commit Jalon Walker set to play for North Carolina state title
- Azeez Ojulari: His two NFL Draft days covered the longest 26 hours of his life
- De’Nylon Morrissette: 4-star in-state WR prospect chooses UGA
- The Big Bear Alexander: 5-star DT is “rock-solid” with his UGA commitment
- Aaron Bryant: 2022 DT target already slobbers like a Bulldog
- Marcus Washington Jr.: Legacy defender with 4.4 laser speed picks up big UGA offer
- Recruiting ranking updates led to a new highest-rated UGA commit for 2022
- Georgia football freshman report: Red 28, Black 23
- Raymond Cottrell: Georgia is the team to beat for top 70 overall 2023 prospect at WR
- Budding Malaki Starks and Jalon Walker friendship will be one to watch
- Elite California OL Earnest Greene III has unique family ties to Georgia
- Addison Nichols: Elite OL truly has an All-American resume
- All-American OL Tyler Booker explains why UGA made his final five
- Nation’s No. 1 RB Branson Robinson shares deep connections to UGA
- Malaki Starks: The vital DawgNation read on a 5-star anchor commit
- Bear Alexander: When you know this 5-star’s real story, you will be proud