Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star CB prospect Ellis Robinson IV. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 CB and the No. 13 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. On3.com has him as the nation’s No. 1 CB and the No. 7 overall recruit for 2024.
When Ellis Robinson IV thinks of Georgia, there is nothing not to like. It is probably just as accurately stated as there is everything to love.
That’s a very good place for the two-time defending national champions to be in with the nation’s No. 1 overall cornerback prospect for the Class of 2024.
Especially with him coming to town this weekend for the national championship celebration and parade.
When he last visited for the Tennessee game, he told DawgNation he didn’t know how his feelings could get any stronger for his opportunity to shadow receivers one day for the ‘Dawgs.
Robinson has now gotten to see the ‘Dawgs handle business against the rest of college football on the way to the 2022 national championship.
“The natty was crazy,” Robinson said. “The domination of all three phases was very impressive. I enjoyed watching the UGA defense all season and seeing how I fit the scheme. It fits me perfectly.”
What will this weekend be about for him?
“I’m looking forward to the national championship parade,” he said. “I’ve been [to UGA] so much there’s not much I didn’t see, but that should be fun.”
There’s just a certain vibe he gets about Athens now.
“It’s about the feeling I get when I’m on campus and the feeling when I talk to coach Fran [Brown], coach [Will] Muschamp and coach [Kirby] Smart,” Robinson IV said. “It is also about the relationships I’ve developed with some of the players. I also enjoy seeing my IMG [Academy] brothers. It’s like coming back home and being around family.”
Robinson will be in town on Saturday and part of the day on Sunday. His parents will be with him. They will all go fly back down to IMG Academy and process another likely great visit.
“I’m sure we will talk about the visit and my timeline more,” Robinson said. “It’s truly a family discussion. My older brother even gives his opinion. No doubt UGA is on top but I can’t rule out anyone just yet. UGA has just been so solid from the time coach Fran [Brown] got there. They have played all their cards right with me and my family. I don’t have anything negative to say about them throughout my recruitment and my parents would agree as well.”
The ‘Dawgs have stacked up a lot of wins so far in his recruitment.
“Game days versus Tennessee was crazy,” Robinson said. “My first time watching them practice was crazy. So intense. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Colin Simmons: The nation’s No. 1 EDGE for 2024 previews his first UGA visit this weekend
- WATCH: Bill Goldberg steps in to congratulate Peyton Woodyard on committing to the G
- All-time great DGD Nolan Smith shares why the second championship means more for him
- The recruiting tale of the tape for the national championship skews heavily for Georgia
- Jordan “Big Baby” Hall: The story behind his viral “Money Drop” moment at the All-American Bowl
- Cover 4 on Georgia football: How many more national championship weeks like this one are coming?
- BREAKING: Nation’s No. 2 junior safety Peyton Woodyard had made his college decision
- The never-before-seen way (in Athens) the ‘Dawgs can sign ANOTHER All-American TE this year
- Peyton Woodyard: Decision day is here for the nation’s No. 2 junior safety (Preview)
- How in the world did the ‘Dawgs get in such a good position with 5-star TE Duce Robinson?
- Georgia recruiting: Even at less than half-strength, the ‘Dawgs stand tall at the All-American Bowl
- Jordan “Big Baby” Hall: The 2023 DL signee is tearing it up at the All-American Bowl this week
- Duce Robinson: What’s next for the 5-star target after the Under Armour All-American Game?
- Georgia football recruiting: What we learned about the six future ‘Dawgs at the Under Armour All-American Week
- BREAKING: Priority DL target Jordan “Big Baby” Hall is now a Bulldog
- BREAKING: 5-star EDGE Damon Wilson is a ‘Dawg
- AJ Harris: What DawgNation needs to know about its new 5-star signee
- Signing Day preview: The 12 Days of Christmas for the Georgia football recruiting class
- Roderick Robinson II: The stuff you don’t know about the next great RB at UGA is pretty special