BREAKING: 4-star CB Daniel Harris has backed off his commitment from Georgia
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star CB Daniel Harris. He ranks as the nation’s No. 18 CB and the No. 154 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Daniel Harris was set to become one of the most under-the-radar signees in the 2023 class at Athens.
The 4-star CB had great size and was a standout in South Florida for Gulliver Prep. When he got to Athens and put on a little bit of weight, his junior and senior highlight reels offered the promise he was likely to get on the field early in Athens.
That’s even taking into account the number of athletes and star power that the ‘Dawgs are known for stacking up at the cornerback position.
But that appears to no longer be quite the certainty.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder committed to the ‘Dawgs back in July. He’s ranked as the nation’s No. 18 CB and the No. 154 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite scale.
Harris is seen as even more of an impact prospect by the On3.com ratings. That service regards him as the nation’s No. 6 CB and the No. 43 overall prospect for this cycle.
He made the decision to decommit recently and shared the news from his Instagram account first on Monday evening.
The decision is likely complicated here by several factors. The Bulldogs signed their best group of cornerbacks in the Kirby Smart era in the last cycle. That included a pair of 5-stars and another top-100 overall recruit.
The Bulldogs have another 5-star cornerback committed to the class in Central Phenix-City standout A.J. Harris. That didn’t seem to bother Harris when he made that commitment back in July. He also just recently visited Athens for the Vanderbilt game and enjoyed himself a great deal.
His older brother, Donell, was also a scholarship linebacker at Texas A&M. Harris was the nation’s No. 5 EDGE and a top 50 overall prospect in the 2020 class. Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher announced back in August that the former 4-star prospect was retiring from football due to medical issues.
The decision now drops Georgia down to 20 commitments for the 2023 cycle. That will include 4-star cornerbacks Justyn Rhett and Chris Peal. Peal recently committed to Georgia on October 23. Rhett was also back in Athens as a plugged-in member of the 2023 class for the Tennessee game earlier this month.
Rhett, a Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, Nev.) standout, committed to UGA back in April. Rhett and Peal are ranked as the nation’s Nos. 22 and 23 cornerbacks for this cycle on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
They are also seen as the Nos. 178 and 179 overall prospects for this cycle. The skill sets for those two are so diverse that they could both play all over the back end for the Bulldogs.
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with 2023 commits CJ Allen, AJ Harris and Jamaal Jarrett.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- LOOK: Priority 5-star Georgia target Sam M’Pemba rocks Kirby Smart jersey on photo shoot
- Sentell’s Intel: The Mississippi State win reflects the strength of the 2020 recruiting class at UGA
- 5-star Peyton Woodyard compares his feelings on UGA now to a blockbuster Marvel movie
- LOOK: Georgia commit Peyton Woodring breaks Louisiana state record with a 60-yard field goal
- David Sanders Jr: Nation’s No. 1 sophomore prospect gushes about “amazing” first UGA trip
- Recruit reaction: What did all those top prospects think about that UT beatdown?
- Georgia football: What kind of recruiting boost will the ‘Dawgs get from the UT win?
- Ellis Robinson IV: Nation’s No. 1 junior CB is sure how his feelings could get stronger for UGA
- PHOTOS: Check out the historic day for recruits as Georgia whips Tennessee
- BREAKING: Nation’s No. 2 LB Demarcus Riddick commits to Georgia
- Georgia football: The recruiting tale of the tape gives the ‘Dawgs a major edge over the Vols
- Georgia football: Will the Tennessee game be the biggest game weekend ever for recruits?
- Jeremiah Cobb: Recent Georgia football offer to Auburn commit looms after Bryan Harsin news
- PHOTOS: Check out the images of another end zone party after the beatdown of the Gators
- Former Georgia great Andre Hastings shares the real story on why he chose the ‘Dawgs
- BREAKING: Georgia adds a cornerback with 4.38 speed to the class in Chris Peal
- INTEL BREAKDOWN: Georgia already has a gamebreaker WR on the way in 4-star Tyler Williams
- Justice Haynes: Legacy 5-star RB is solidly committed to ‘Bama, but plans one more UGA visit
- Eddrick Houston: The 5-star junior already feels like a must-get for the ‘Dawgs in 2024
- BREAKING: ‘Dawgs add a big-time junior QB to 2024 class with Ryan Puglisi
- Elite 2024 QB target Ryan Puglisi “loves Georgia” and will visit with his family for Vanderbilt
- Jordan “BigBaby” Hall breaks down what he loves about Georgia, Tray Scott and Athens
- BREAKING: 4-star RB Roderick Robinson II flips his commitment to be a ‘Dawg!
- Electric 5-star junior ATH Mike Matthews shares what he likes best about Georgia
- LB commit Raylen Wilson on schools hoping for a flip: “They’re trying but I’m not replying”
- BREAKING: Priority All-American WR target Tyler Williams chooses the “Dawgs
- Sam M’Pemba: 5-star target shares what he thought of that pregame lap with Kirby Smart
- Lawson Luckie: The real reason this remarkable young man committed to Georgia will touch your heart